SIGNED: 2023 KIA EV6 GT (MSRP: 61818 - 24/10k) Pre Tax: $280/mo $0 DAS

, ,

Congratulations. That’s what happens when it’s meant to be! How does the drive compare with the Mercedes EV?

What foes your target deal look like if you plug in the same dealer discount in for your situation?

When you say the incentives for the 2023 run through June, do you mean they will still have them in June or will this be the last month? I’m looking into a 2023 GT right now and not sure if I should get it now or wait another month. Thanks

Me too, please

No trade in on mine either.

I test drove the EV6 GT past Saturday and was quite impressed with the car.

Unfortunately, the dealer was only offering 2% off MSRP.

Can you dm the contract please! I’ll have a go at it

Attempted to replicate this deal today on a 2023 EV6 GT and was met with stiff rejection and usual dealer antics. I called/emailed 4 dealers and they all claimed it was too good to be true and said its possibly a one off deal that the dealer took a loss on. All of them had excuse after excuse why they couldn’t do it.

I then went in person to the 5th dealer that was closest to me who has 3 2023’s on their lot to see if the result would be different in person. Test drove it, was prepared for the back and forth. I was prepped with the 11.2K incentive printout from edmunds and the 1.5k vin cash rebates to show them where the 12.7k is coming from. They insisted that was a cash down payment and had nothing to do with incentives. They initially had a 6.5k discount from msrp on their website, so only needed to come down about 2k more to hit the 55k purchase price.

They came back out of their office and the deal they presented was right back at 63k msrp and then they claimed they couldnt find the 11.2k lease incentive, only the 7.5k + 1.5 for a total of 9k. So between jacking the price back to msrp and the 3k lower incentives plus tax, tint etc, they wanted $13,000 out of pocket to make the $300/mo pmt work. I had low expectations that a dealer would actually write it up, but I tried. Guy got mad when I pointed out all the tricks he just pulled and said if EV6 GT’s were 300/mo then his whole staff would be driving them. No luck replicating this so far.

1 Like

I’ve got a dealer in NH close to $400 a month on one if someone wants an intro feel free to pm

I tried it on Saturday as well.

Was offered only 2% off MSRP.

I walked away and ended up getting a Genesis on Monday.

1 Like

My understanding is that the lease incentives were through the end of June. I’d keep an eye on them through edmunds because they can change from month to month but lease support should last through the end of June.

2 Likes

Hi @smj !

The 7.5k sounds like the incentives on purchasing the car and not on leasing.

With a purchase, the incentive will be lower so the out of pocket costs would be astronomical to get a payment close to lease.

Make sure that they know you are leasing so that they apply the lease cash and not the purchase incentive. I will say, dealers are not obligated to provide the full amount of lease cash but most reputable places will pass on the full lease cash amount to you. After applying the lease cash, that’s when you actually start looking at the dealer discount.

Best of luck!

Thank you, Yes, I completely understood that going in and had the edmunds printout to prove it exists. Edmunds says it goes though July.

This particular dealer chose to ignore the template, the lease cash, the discount from msrp and instead re-engineered the entire deal to be in his favor as if I wouldn’t realize what he did. They were not interested in entertaining this deal and didnt want to negotiate on their 250+ days on market 2023. Unbelievable…

Unfortunately its tactics like this that make people hate the car buying process and proves the slime ball car salesman stereotype still rings true.

1 Like

Thanks, pic of your invoice got my deal done!

On an aggressive deal you’d have to expect 12+ “no” answers for every “yes”

4 Likes

I had a few dealers say they’d buy 10 vehicles themselves at the price I asked.

Then when I secured the vehicle for cheaper, I offered them the opportunity to buy it at that price. “Sorry, that is against our policy…”

4 Likes

how did you have the patience to deal with kia salespeople? Anytime i inquire for a lease quote they tell me to use the online calculator for a price which does not take into account any discounts or my tax rate.

One time i went into a dealership and the salesman turned around his computer to help me put that into the online “choose your payment” and stared blankly when i asked him how to add my tax rate or apply incentives.

Although one dealer takes the cake when they said they needed to see the car added to my insurance and run a credit app before they can give me a quote.

i have had two local dealers come at me with $980 and $748 a month, did not know the concept of incentives. Both had the car on the lot for over 14 months.

Well there’s your problem

1 Like

Big thanks to @jbrag for posting his deal. I just picked up my 2023 EV6 GT yesterday from Benson Kia in Spartanburg SC.
$64,405 MSRP 24 month lease 12k miles per year for $349/month with just first payment due at signing. By far the best deal I’ve ever gotten and I worked in the car business for 5 years.

Courtney at Benson was outstanding, no games were played and they took the deal after some back and forth and showing what Jbrag got.

I hit up about 5 dealers in total and made this happen over the course of a week.

This car is a rocket ship and the tech is amazing. Quite possibly the best car I’ve owned and I’ve had some expensive Lexus back when I worked for them.

Feel free to hit me up for the contract.

13 Likes