Signed: 2021 Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum FWD - New - $46k MSRP - $412/Month with $1702 Drive off + 10 MSD's($4500)

Exactly. They thought… but isn’t the reason of forums to help people understand? And yes they did post a snap shot of buyers order/contract

A dealer offer sheet is not a contract

1 Like

I replied to your “12% off” post based on his original post. No one knows what the actual discount was without full breakdown, but I didn’t say anything about his deal - good or bad. And like Matt said - OP did not post his contract. If he did get $8,500 without any other rebates then great, even on a loaner. And it is 13.6% off then, not 12% like you said.

I’m getting 14.3% but when I said 12 I was guessing as it was 7am.
The one thing we didn’t ask is if it was a loaner. Least I didn’t ask. Would make more sense but still a good deal. My local costco has a XC60 on the floor, im hoping next month they put out rebates on that

We know almost nothing about this deal to evaluate it and that’s why we ask all these questions. It looks good on the surface. It is a loaner at this discount, if I have to guess. But maybe the dealer just gave him rebates he did not qualify for, which makes no difference for the OP.

1 Like

No this is not loaner car. This is a new 2021 xc60 with 46 miles on it. Probably the test drives previously.
I will get the MF value today, but the residual for 12k miles was 55%.
My down payment was 1702 including 1st month. $412 a month.

I see another guy brought 2021 xc60 awd with no msds from the same dealer that’s an awesome deal…

It can be punched and have low miles and still qualify for the demo cash. It is possible there is also some extra dealer cash, who knows.

So, there is actually $3,750 lease cash there, which makes it 10.35% off. Nice discount, though another guy got 13% off. Everybody should buy their Volvo from the South now lol

Where did the extra 1500 come from? Edmunds says 2250… memorial day cash?

From a reliable source :sunglasses: , according to him dealers in the South are incentivized to move '21, so they probably get some more money back from Volvo.
Volvo site also shows $2,250 only.

Any word about West (CA)?

Didn’t ask. I was just wondering about these 2 South deals with strong discounts even in normal times.

“Reliable” source was apparently wrong, and it’s $2,250. Right, Ben? lol

2 Likes

EOD - the southern stores in the US right now are the most positioned to sell @ deep deals.

They have the largest inventory + flow through in the country right now. They also have the highest incentives.

Volvo has about a 14% profit margin on every unit, give or take a half percent.

It’s not totally unreasonable to get 16% if its a curtailment unit or they just really want it gone.

Regardless, congrats to OP.

3 Likes

@cndaksqkr in the other thread got 16% and @MyLease2021 got 13.6%. Both great deals, but OP approached the deal in a wrong way, so possibly left $900-1,000 on the table.

Lease cash and dealer cash are different. Dealer cash is typically put into dealer discount and customer wouldn’t know thst information unless asked.

I had 17% off in 2018 which me and you fought over it because how it was wrote lol

Right, and what’s your point? They are both the same deals in the same region with the same lease cash. Only dealer discount is different.

The customer only knew about the 2250 so technically the dealer discount was $6250 with a undisclosed amount of dealer cash