SIGNED: 2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid XLE - $44,728 MSRP, $350/mo $350 DAS (Plus MSDs) - Massachusetts

The msrp is what the monroney sticker says it is, so I’m not entirely sure what you’re getting at here. I’ve never seen GST msrp referenced in the states.

Obviously once youve started throwing in rebates, the conversation has moved on from pre-incentive.

In texas, the local distributor where all toyotas come from is Gulf states Toyota (GST). When the vehicle arrives at any texas dealer, they add a bunch of “value added items” like pinstrips, tint, wheel protection, paint protection, nitrogen bla bla for a $1500-$1800 add on top of the MSRP. There is a separate addendum next to the monroney sticker which takes whatever the MSRP is and adds the “value added” addendum pricing. Many websites that show you the MSRP actually dont have the GST MSRP…its the MSRP including the addendum. Therefore they artificially inflate the MSRP making customers believe the vehicle is more expensive when in reality those adds are probably $100 at most.

So when dealers tell you they are giving you a “$6K discount”, its in reality only $4K or $4500 because the other “discount” was the artificially inflated addendum price. Thats why when i said earlier about 18-22% pre-incentive discount, it was off of the GST MSRP, not the MSRP including the addendum pricing.

1 Like

Gotcha. “GST msrp” is a specific term used in other countries to refer to msrp including “goods and services tax”.

What you’re talking about are bs dealer add ons. No one here includes that drivel in the msrp discussion. That’s not the “gst” msrp… It’s simply the msrp.

Typically in cases where people are claiming abnormally high pre-incentive discounts, it’s because they’re still including direct to dealer incentives in the discount amount and only separating out the obvious incentives. This is super common on Volvos, for example, where thousands of dollars in lease allowances get included, showing 18% pre-incentive discounts that are actually only 10%. Also common are big discounts that all get clawed back with massively marked up mfs. LR and MB dealers love to do this. We had one on here the other day that was a velar with about $5k in discount but was actually over msrp after the mf mark up was backed out. Beyond that, it’s usually loaners/demos that don’t get identified as loaners.

1 Like

That is not entirely true.

what part is not true

Congrats on achieving consistent unicorns.

That level of pre-incentive discount with base mF is not the norm however on most deals.
Last deal on LH was a 2wd highlander, with a 14% pre-incentive (I forgot the mF); true unicorn.

There are some dealers without the addendums. You just have to find it.

I was the first person to ever ask at my toyota dealer to use MSD. They knew it existed, but nobody knew how to input in the computer. If I recall correctly, it took them two weeks to figure it out (so their numbers matched my leasehackr calculator).
At the end of the process I lease two Tacos for $150/month and they were happy to learn how to do it.

1 Like

What dealer did you go to? Great deal & thanks for sharing!

Love to know more about the two tacos

You can read all about it here:

My lease is due in August… I might go for another two tacos since their RV still pretty high

You defiantly should call ANY dealer in Montana for me :rofl: