SIGNED: 2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid XLE - $44,728 MSRP, $350/mo $350 DAS (Plus MSDs) - Massachusetts

:laughing:

Conclusion: It’s better to throw the money away on a down payment, rather than “tie it up” with MSDs.

1 Like

Then drive 2 hours away.

MSDs on this deal save almost $2000 in total lease cost. Would you drive for $500 per hour? I would.

1 Like

Just tell them straight up “I am doing MSDs. Can you handle that or should I go elsewhere?”

Thats a tough strategy when the next nearest dealer is 4 hours RT.

Who knows if they even know how to do MSDS.

I assume MT is a tough market.

Other choice is to not do them. But we know we shouldn’t let the dealer control the deal. Gotta draw the line in the sand somewhere.

No doubt. It’s just harder in a market like that.

4 hours for $2000? There’s nothing tough about that.

1 Like

We don’t even know the other dealer 2 hours away knows how to use MSDs do we?

2 Likes

Well yes, one would want to verify that first of course. Much like one would want to make sure they’d do the deal and have the right car, but that seems like a given.

2 Likes

If only there was a way to communicate with them without having to travel. One day technology will find a way to make that happen…

6 Likes

Very nice car and deal OP, who would want a Lexus RX now? Enjoy!

Wouldn’t you call them first to confirm?

So far the nearest dealer i can find to do this is in Salt Lake. 10ish hours away.
If tfs can even approve me… :frowning:

Damn, Do they have the same deal available ? I would drive to MA from NY to pick this up ! pay a bit higher without the MSD.

Does TFS apply RV/MF based on dealer address or lessee address?

Dealer.

:chocolate_bar:

Hmm could be a small hack then. IIRC feb numbers on Edmunds had NY/NJ RV down by a couple % compared to what the OP got in MA.

Good deal structure…congrats on your ride!

Question - Dont many people get 15-20% off pre-incentives? Ive leased camry’s, corollas. highlanders, avalons, 4runners and all my pre-incentive discount was anywhere between 18%-22%.

Please dont think im trying to gloat about my deals in any way, just mentioning that there are tons of stock and my local dealers (about 3 that are in a 12 mile radius) have like literally 40-50 in stock.

Usually people that get 15-20% pre-incentive don’t actually separate out all their incentives or normalize their discounts for mark ups.

1 Like

Understood.

The first thing before i even go to the dealer is ask what the GST MSRP is…i could care less what their website states for MSRP because i know it will probably include the supposedly “addendum” dealer value adds. Ive always used the GST MSRP to start the pre-incentive discounting and then coupled that with all rebates cash etc etc that i could stack.