SIGNED: 2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid XLE - $44,728 MSRP, $350/mo $350 DAS (Plus MSDs) - Massachusetts

Signed this week on a new 2021 Highlander Hybrid XLE. Red with beige interior, captains chairs (will add pictures soon but it’s a snowstorm here in MA). Very happy with the pricing, all went pretty smoothly. MSDs made a big difference here in pricing here (had never used MSDs before), I highly recommend it if you can. Not only did it save on my monthly payment, but because alot of the sales folks I started communicating with over email were unfamiliar with how to price them, I ended up working directly with the GM of the dealership. This helped cut down on the back and forth and get real quotes quicker.

I’d also add that I was originally looking for a non-hybrid model, and out of curiosity I asked about how much more the XLE hybrid would be. It was a higher MSRP, but also higher residual (66% vs 67%) so the total difference monthly ended up being about $6 more per month! I drove both and didn’t find too much difference in how it handled. Perhaps a little bit, but for me (and my wife who will mostly drive it), we will enjoy the gas savings more.

Lastly just want to shout out everyone who keeps this forum up and running, and those who contribute. I knew very little about leasing several years ago and I’ve since used the resources and discussions here to score some great deals that saved me thousands. Keep up the good work!

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid XLE
MSRP: $44,728
Selling Price: $40,228 (10.1% off MSRP)
Monthly Payment: $350
Drive-Off Amount: $350 (+MSDs approx $3000)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .00120 before MSDs (0.00048 after)
Residual: 67%
Incentives: $1,000
Region: Massachusetts
Leasehackr Score: 11.2 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Toyota&miles=12000&msd=9&msrp=44728&sales_price=40228&months=36&mf=.00120&dp=0&dealer_fee=495&acq_fee=650&taxed_inc=1000&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=67&reg_fee=170&sales_tax=6.25&demo_mileage=0&memo=2021%20Highlander%20Hybrid%20XLE&monthlyTax_radio=true&cap_tax=true&bmw_demo_25=true&dealerFee_check=false&govFee_check=false

24 Likes

Congrats! Enjoy the new ride

Good Deal! Enjoy your new Ride! Post a few pictures when you get a chance!

Enjoy, a lot of car for the $$.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks all. Updating with a picture

14 Likes

Beautiful car and excellent price!

This is a great deal. Question to all: I received info from Edmunds stating the MF was .00132 and RV was 65% for this same model (XLE Hybrid), but in NJ…is it common for MF/RV to vary from region to region?
Thanks in advance…

Did you ask for both AWD and RWD versions?

Good deal!
What’s the $1K incentive?

MF varying is quite common but the difference is small.

Are you comparing apples to apples on the RV? Same mileage, trim, drivetrain, etc?

Either way, it is what it is. Not even the dealer can change the RV.

1 Like

Got it…by the way…people on LH joke about Unicorn deals. This is not a cheap car, but this payment is very good. Good enough to be a unicorn deal???

10% off MSRP for a highlander?

Strong deal.

But unicorn…

4 Likes

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF
I guess it’s not unreasonable to ask for 10% off? Alrighty then!

2 Likes

Not unreasonable at all!

10-12% pre rebates w base is where you want to be for a great deal. Definitely apply msds

I have plenty of gas versions at 12% off

If I had any Hybrids I would be offering them to the public :slight_smile: (You’ll see most dealers, at least where I am, don’t have many in stock in XLE form)

Don’t worry about all of that one in a million talk

2 Likes

I don’t put much stock in those labels but it’s a very good deal, maybe even one of the best this month so far.

1 Like

Toyota near me said they wont do refundable deposits as they are just too big of a hassle and tie my money up but i could put down a down payment- Nope. I don’t have the best credit but i have cash i was willing to use to lower my MF. - anyone now how i can convince them to not be turds? The sales guy also said i was the first person in his 3 years working there to ask them about MF, Residual and refundable deposits- which he had no idea about then came back with the above answer

Move on to a different dealer.

2 Likes

The next nearest one is 2 hours away - I live in MT there are very few dealers close together.
They have XSE now for 4500 off MSRP

If they arent willing to provide you the deal that you want, then I would walk away.

I assume your target deal needs a good MF (courtesy of the MSDs) and generous discount?

Speak directly to the finance manager or GM to see if they understand MSD. If they don’t, there is almost nothing you can do.

Change brands or do the TOYOTA deal without MSD.