Signed: 2021 Chevy Camaro LT1 manual - $39,470 MSRP - $269/mo, $369 DAS, 39/10k

I was in Toronto so the weather is comparable, I think the DJ was saying how lazy he was, I used to have friends that are so lazy that literally never took the winter tires off.

My current car has run flats so the first thing I did was replaced them and saved the tires for turn in. If you get summer tires wouldn’t you have three sets of tires then (all season, summer, and winter)?

I would not get dedicated performance tires. The OEM all seasons are fine for me, so just the winter setup.

5 Likes

Got lucky and found a winter setup on Craigslist, came off a 2016 SS. They don’t look half bad for 18 inch:

6 Likes

Looks pretty good @volnedan!

I have been debating the opposite (getting a set of much wider super sticky tires/wheels) and saving the stock Goodyear RFs for turn in. But, Im not sure it will make much financial sense.

Thanks @spockvr6!
I was able to get these for $600, and I should be able to sell them for ~$400 in two years.
20" high performance summers will cost a pretty penny and will last 15k miles if lucky.
Then again, none of this Camaro LT1 makes any financial sense anyways :joy:

2 Likes

i have noticed this, and it seems even worse with the $995 NPP exhaust. I think the quad tips look much better than the dual exhaust, but it’s not cheap and the crimped exhaust kind of wrecks it for me. Also on the loud or sport setting, it is pretty loud and alerts police in the area for you. :confused:

1 Like

Wow! Sick deal on an awesome car! Enjoy!

1 Like

As far as the exhaust crimps…

I went on the Camaro bored after noticing them and tons and tons of gearheads have tested the exhaust with and without the crimps and there is literally zero difference in power output. It looks like Chevrolet did that so that the exhaust could be used on both the coop and convertible Camaros. Apparently the convertible has some chassis bracing that requires the exhaust crimps in order for it to fit.

The crimps May restrict airflow but the torque/power figure they release are based on that stock exhaust, so not much to worry about.
The pricing is actually great for a good sounding exhaust upgrade, especially since it will cost you $400? total for the length of your lease.
Some aftermarket exhausts For German cars cost as much as leasing the LT1 for 39 months

1 Like

Yeah, that is the beauty of this car. Aftermarket support is awesome! So so many options for pretty much anything you want.

Tons of folks have tested the stock exhaust and then aftermarket ones where the crimps are eliminated, there is really no difference at all. Consensus on the board is not to change the exhaust for power, it’s just if you want a different sound.

It appears the crimping of the pipe actually doesn’t reduce the cross-sectional area much, it just changes the dimensions.

So how are you guys dealing with the massive blind spot issues in these things? :joy:

Interestingly I took a glance at Edmunds and it seems the numbers haven’t changed for January. I was certain either the MF would shoot up or the residual would drop. Stayed the same.

These are still hackable for anyone out there looking to jump on one of these American rockets :rocket:

The program ended January 4th, they haven’t posted the program that started January 5th yet.

Got it, I thought they were posting Jan’s numbers… should be interesting.

I read an article recently that 2020 was a bad year for Camaro sales. 38% drop in sales YOY delta in 2020…

I’m sure GM would have to keep up incentives to sell these…

Hopefully they do

Honestly, its not as bad as I remember when I first drove one few years ago. You go into this car expecting the worst, and after properly adjusting the side mirrors, its not really an issue. For me, I’ve never had the side mirrors angled so far away where the side of the vehicle is no longer in view. Takes some getting used to, especially when merging on the highway.

Just passed 100 miles on the odo. Trying to take it out every night for 30-45 min once the kids are in bed. Still can’t believe how good the shifter and clutch are. It’s such a breeze to drive.

6 Likes

I’m at about same mileage - using it to drop kids to school. An orange Camaro draws a lot of attention compared to the mundane line of grey/black luxury SUVs…

Blind spot? Just hammer the gas and whatever is in the blind spot is left far behind…

3 Likes

Yeah I saw a blue camaro do a burnout and donut out of the gas station last night…

Im at 200 miles already, i dont mind grocery shopping anymore.

2 Likes

I just hit 300 last night.

OK I need to catch up. Roundtrip to my youngest’s preschool is only 4 miles per day. Goal is to break 200 miles by the end of the week.

Dang I’m up to 700 already. Granted I had a two hour drive home from the dealer though. I’ll need to lay off the miles on it :joy:

1 Like