Signed: 2021 Camaro LT1 MSRP $40,005 - $373/mo $500 DAS 48m/10k

2021 Camaro LT1 with Automatic, Sunroof, Dual-Mode Exhaust, Tech Pkg, Splash guards, Floor mats, Cargo net.

MSRP: $40,005
Selling Price: $37,821 (5.46% pre-incentive)
Rebates: $1750 (conquest) $750 (CCR)
Monthly Payment: $ 373
Drive-Off Amount: $ 500 (deposit)
Months: 48
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.00108 (significantly marked up)
Residual: 59%
Region: NJ
Leasehackr Score: 9.5 (closest I can get calculator)

I found this random unit in-transit status to a local NJ dealer. I suspect it was a cancelled order, that was delayed due to chip shortage, because otherwise these have become impossible to find. I know this deal isn’t as great as some of the earlier Camaro deals, but my plan it to only keep it for 6 to 8 months, and then try to cash out positive equity, as many others have seemed to execute successfully. I figure with the current market conditions this is the best I can do for a short term vehicle.

6 Likes

You found a GM dealer that is willing to discount a car in current market conditions?? Have you spoken to the dealer yet to confirm that this car/deal exists, or is your 3.87% discount speculative?

We are at the second pencil stage so I think I can say the discount is confirmed.

Amazing. Are they sure it’s still really in transit? Production shut down again on the 12th. I’m gonna call 'em now and tell 'em I’ll take it if you leave without it. Car’s Blue, right?

I would sign on this thing immediately. This is incredible in the current environment. This dealer must be out in left field. Actually, they are probably not even in the stadium.

7 Likes

Yes… You’ve probably found it…

1 Like

Try to put your hands on the hood and take a picture of the VIN plate, or ask a dealer employee to do it. Dollars to donuts the car is still in pieces in the factory and it will never arrive. We’ve seen this on a bunch of “In Transit” LT1s…

3 Likes

Take it and 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

1 Like

My LT1 was in transit middle of February and never arrived. Had to find one already on a dealer lot.

2 Likes

What I was told is the vehicle is still at the plant in Michigan and has an ETA of 3 weeks.

Based on some of the feedback here, it seems unlikely it will actually arrive.

Terms will float into June if it does get delivered.

I don’t see any harm in trying??? They only want a deposit to hold it.

2 Likes

Or until this dude @AA-NJ steals it from you lol

3 Likes

48 mos? Hmmm…

Yeah… but… no way I keep it 48 mos right? Looking to keep it for 6 to 8 months. I might as well have the lowest payment.

Your situation is a bit concerning because you haven’t been able to get positive with your equity… right?

Yes lowest payment by a few dollars, but if the market turns and no positive equity, not going to find many takers on a 4 year lease.

1 Like

Going from 48mo to 39mo is + $20/mo and going from 39/mo to 36/mo is +$20/mo.

I just realized, it looks like the offered MF is marked up 0.00007.

This car that’s in “transit” more than likely will never arrive to the dealership…

If somehow it does come in, take it and do 39 months for the extra $20. Do not sign a 4yr lease.

Update from the dealer today is the car is built and is expected on the lot no later then 6/21

I maybe 50% believe that.

2 Likes

If you want it…Id 100% have a credit card deposit on it to secure it before they sell it to someone else!

1 Like

Today they decided to run my credit. Hopefully that’s a positive sign they believe it will show up… Otherwise it’s a hard pull for no reason.

You’re in it to win it :+1: