Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

Last month I got 2022 MDX Aspec & 2021 Honda Accord sport from them no complaints for those two cars but when I ordered another car 2021 Acura TLX Aspec dealer ran my credit & everything was fine till the day of delivery they said that TLX is not available till next month.

1 Like

Rodo = scam, just like all the dealerships, 100% bait and switch. I expressed interest in a vehicle and they increased their price by $200 a month. Their customer service agents were rude and disrespectful, no ownership of the shady pricing tactics. If this company want to exist in 12 months, they will execute on the business concept and advertise only available and correctly priced cars. Until then, just go get scammed directly at the dealer and cut out the middle man’s costs and scams…

4 Likes

So what car? What was original advertised deal?

I didn’t find much success with RODO, prices skyrocketed in may. Found better deals locally

Same here - I scored a great deal on a Jeep in 2018 when Honcker was new, the deal was $100/m less than the best price the local dealer would go, and for a higher trim level at that! But now as that lease is coming to an end, I didn’t see any deal worth pursuing on RODO unfortunately (though to be fair that’s likely in part because of it being a seller’s market now).

To add to this thread history, I was successful in picking up my 2021 Camaro LT1 (see this thread) using a lead generated from Rodo. My approach was to order the vehicle via Rodo’s concierge service and then ask to be connected directly to the originating dealer for all further communications. In the end, I was able to get the vehicle about $25/mo cheaper then the Rodo price. So far I have been successful with 3 out of 5 Rodo transactions.

4 Likes

Forgot my account info, doesn’t seem to work, just adding 2 cents to my Rodo experience

It’s terrible. Colossal waste of time as they kept trying to ask for more info after submitting both License and Credit application, only to be told “lol oops, no car, you know how it is, dealer is only pre-selling cars”.

Don’t bother giving these scammers your personal information that they are most likely farming to resell.

RODO had a full size Bronco Big Bend showing with base MF and a 1500 discount. So I ordered it. Let’s see what happens!

2 Likes

There is also another Camaro LT1 on Rodo right now.

I’ve lease two personal cars from RODO and assisted two friends with leases. They’re not scammers because it didn’t work out for you. Your experience is your experience.

Since I started the process of leasing an X5, I received an email to participate in paid research study. Not sure if RODO or the dealer sold my information but it was the best thing they did. I have been able to see new concepts and enjoy néw technology before they hit the market.

2 Likes

I have yet to have a good experience with the app. I think I’m 0/5 on new leases. During “normal times” this may not be much of an issue but after talking to someone pretty high up, the way the app works is it pulls all dealer inventory whether its in transit, available, or sold, until someone manually removes it from the app. So, whether it says check availability or place order, you still don’t know if that car is on the lot.

Additionally, due to my close proximity to MA, I’ve had a number fall through because those dealers won’t work with NY customers (reg. issues) and there is no way for me to know what’s a NY dealer post and what isn’t.

Only after I uploaded my personal info was I able to get anywhere, all to find out the above. If you have supplier/affiliate/whatever codes, that’s an additional step that takes days to communicate, even if the dealer will take it without rearranging the deal.

Honestly this is a great idea, but its not set up in the right way. I’d say there’s a lot less than a 50% chance you could get a vehicle for the given price as advertised.

They also aren’t properly handling things just because it did work out for you.

2 Likes

They are handling things properly, just not all the time and for everyone- like any entity.

We still cannot rightfully categorize them as a company that commits fraud or participates in a dishonest scheme (Scammers).

3 Likes

I also got the bait and switch identical to that described by other users.

If constant bait and switching is your definition of properly…

They’re either incompetent or malicious with how often they get it wrong. I agree that we don’t know which.

Soo… that means they are not handling things properly, right? Half pregnant is not an option.

1 Like

It still does not make RODO scammers. Half pregnant is a horrible analogy. We’re talking about providing a service where the experience is not always going to be excellent for everyone.

I had a broker collect his fees, received my app and was to even get me a word on approval after 48 hours. Meanwhile, his reviews were great here, it doesn’t mean that he’s horrible or a scammer because I did not get the best experience. I can argue that he didn’t handle my situation properly. Should it not mean he doesn’t do thing properly in general?

Do we have stats or references to conclude that they’re scammers ?

1 Like

More power to you. They trash rodo, because it competes with their broker comrades here on LH.

2 Likes

Bait and switch is a scam. Are you saying they are honest and reputable if they do it to 25% (for example) of their customers? Or you just attribute this to “shit happens” category because you had positive expirience?
As @mllcb42 said:

Yes. I’m saying they’re honest and reputable. I’m not saying their overall NPS is perfect. If you did business with an entity 4-5 times and had good experiences, you’ll likely return.

I am not disputing that customers do not experience any issues.

I won’t be surprise if it’s stated in the terms of use and before order placement, prices are subject to vehicle availability and lender approval.