Signed: 2021 Camaro LT1 $299/month $500 DAS

To those of you that have opted for the manual trans, are you enjoying the no lift shift feature? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The Camaroā€™s alpha chassis is superior to the mustang. However I agree that the coyote is a more exciting engine, RPM is fun. My other two cars both rev past 8000 rpm

I just took mine above 4000 RPM for the first time yesterday (trying to be kind to the next owner by following break-in procedures). It is, indeed, a different animal at that engine speed.

1 Like

Those break in procedures are a myth. Your going to encounter a 50-50 feeling with nearly all motor builders, or mechanics saying you have to get on it early to seat the seals properly. If they dont you get leaks and loss of HP.

1 Like

Having built an engine myself, I can see it both ways. I think an early oil change is more important than observing the break-in procedures for thousands of miles. Still, itā€™s cold here and these tires arenā€™t giving the most grip right now so thereā€™s no harm in taking it easy for the time being.

Iā€™ll tell you h-what though, that dual mode exhaust is really something. The cold start noise in sport mode makes me giddy every single time.

Sing me the song of your people.

In the interests of precaution, i waited until this mileage before getting on the loud pedal hard.

3 Likes

With no intention to drive anywhere, Iā€™ve gone out to my garage more than once and just hit the remote start button so I could hear it.

4 Likes

Wont argue with that but an old motor head always told me 6-7 pulls on a long straight road.seats the seals then take her home change the Oil and drive it like you stole it.

Just when my neighbors thought they were free and clear of loud cold startups haha.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen that mentioned a couple of times, what do you guys mean by this?

2 Likes

That is the classic Italian tuneup.

1 Like

So, the car is very easy to drive like a car with much lower horsepower (especially as an automatic). You can use about 1/4 throttle and it will be smooth and docile. The sound is good but not overwhelming.

When you use 1/2 or more throttle and the engine revs above 3500-4000, it becomes a very visceral experience. You are ACCELERATING quickly. The noise is LOUD. The tires start to want to break loose. With an automatic, the shift comes very quickly.

In summary, itā€™s a very tame car when youā€™re driving it gently. But when you get into it, itā€™s a composed maniac.

Thinking of grabbing one was quoted 325 for 39k
For 39/12. Not sure if I would want for the whole term does gm allow lease transfers

I understand what you are describing, the car is definitely very smooth and tame under part throttle but then goes full on nutso at WOT :slight_smile:

I donā€™t particularly ā€œfeelā€ any differences at WOT with regard to RPM (the torque curve is almost completely flat) but it does start to sound pretty angry with RPMšŸ˜

1 Like

A few decades ago, I used to mess around a lot with the old-school turbo Dodges. I rebuilt quite a few of those enginesā€¦I think they pretty much all saw full throttle a few miles after start up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a decent number depending on the MSRP and what your DAS is. I believe GM allows transfers to people within your state.

Iā€™m definitely not trying to say that the torque or power suddenly kicks in at that RPM. The statement that it changes character isnā€™t as much of a statement about what happens above that RPM but more about what the car does when youā€™re driving in such a way that gets you into that rev range. The transmission does a great job keeping the engine at 3000 or lower under normal driving conditions. When youā€™re getting above that, the car is functioning in a much more aggressive manner.

Thatā€™s probably a better way to explain it!

Yeahā€¦In-state only, and if you used a GM supplier discount on the car you have to wait six months.

1 Like

With GM Financial you need to wait 6 months regardless. Canā€™t swap in first 6 months or last 12

1 Like