Signed: 2021 Camaro LT1 $299/month $500 DAS

Pulled out of a gas station a bit slow and traffic was coming quicker than expected…got on it a little and I was ice skating. The Hellcat really does have much smoother acceleration to make daily driving a bit easier. I spent a hour with some highway and am thoroughly impressed with the car. It’s the equivalent of your Toyota deals honestly…what you get, for what you pay is a bit shocking.

If anyone is on the fence it’s worth 350-400 a month in my opinion.

3 Likes

Have you found the performance timer pages in the center screen yet? Launch control?

I confirmed their presence this AM via some empirical testing😁

Same here. I been honking it just to hear the noise.

I have not…I watched a YouTube video few weeks back when LT1 mania started. But totally forgot how to do it.

Cut and paste from one of the Camaro boards----

1 Like

Now I know what I’m doing when the kids go to bed lol

Most launch control on all cars that have it is the same procedure you said above. I haven’t tried in the camaro yet

Holy **** where in florida did you get this deal, been trying to replicate these camaro deals in SoFlo and ive been getting laughed out of dealerships

Yes, that will happen. On my end when I was looking for one the responses ranged from, well no response whatsoever, to “yeah we can probably get you in just under 500 a month”, all the way down to the effective $309+ tax I signed on. You just have to poke around at a bunch of different dealers, it is definitely hit or miss, seemingly even more so with the Florida dealers.

damn i want a deal like this on an LT1 . . . . was talking to local dealer here in socal and they quoted me a lease of 603 per month with 1500 drive off . . . and that was with last month’s employee pricing

This is the drawback of the 245 width tires in the LT1. The last time I drove an SS with 275 width rears, the traction was much better and controlled.

This powertrain has so much low end torque it’s insane. Its definitely a huge rush and puts a smile on my face, but for daily driving I prefer the Mustang 5.0 V8 instead. Under 4k rpm it drives civil, but it also revs like a racecar and can transform the experience. Unfortunately, the shifter/clutch aren’t as good and Ford doesn’t even lease the GT models.

1 Like

What torque “curve”??!!!?? Its flat😢

The higher curve is with a Whipple bolted on👍

I happened to see a few vids of an LT1 and an M340 going at it and the LT1 walks it pretty good. The LT1 and an M4 seem like a good match stock
to stock.

1 Like

Dang, that is pretty flat. So assuming 15% loss to the wheels, stock is putting 470-480 crank ft-lb? Crazy. Power seems to be right on point.

Yeah, all dynos will vary a little bit up or down depending on the dyno type, etc. but GM definitely does not appear to have overstated the LT1 engine output. What is so cool about this engine is that it does it seemingly effortlessly. It feels totally different than a more stressed out forced inducted smaller displacement engine (and nothing against that type of approach either, I also find that enjoyable).

Yes, the ease of how quickly the powertrain gets up to speed is amazing. I’ve yet to cross 5k rpm while I’m in break in process. Scared to rev it that high with the snow tires. I can spin them easily in 4th gear at 40mph.

1 Like

Pin it a few times on the highway to seat the seals.

4 Likes

This is my plan during lunch break.

3 Likes

Car is a different animal after 3500 rpm

2 Likes

How so @GOAT?