Signed: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 297/mo $297 DAS 42/10K

Some things to consider going forward.

Registration fees are much higher in CA than NJ. That makes a difference when stuff is being rolled in.

Also, it looks like RVs dropped for Chrysler. Not sure about US Bank, someone please update.

You can look at Huntington Beach CJDR. They advertise some pretty aggressive discounts online. I’ve read they also throw in a lot of dealer crap. It may still be worth it, depending on how much you can negotiate. Good luck!

1 Like

US Bank residuals dropped this month on the Gladiator, doing a 24 month lease is basically gone now.

Looking at advertised dealer discounts on Jeeps is not an effective strategy, they are all bait and switch deals. Jeep dealers don’t care if they have a bad reputation or have 1 star yelp reviews.

1 Like

How bad did they drop?

1% lower on 42 month
2% lower on 36 month
2%-4% on 24 month

Still too high imo…

I’m predicting a real world RV of 65% for my 24/10 lease.

The Sport S do seem to lease better. Thank you for the tip. This was the lowest quote after two weeks, but it still doesn’t doesn’t sound too good. Im going to keep trying :+1:

I receieved an email from True Car finally for $500. Its a code. I can use it at any dealer?

Yes, you should be able to.

It should say ‘Bonus Cash’ at the top.

I would find a new dealer. $400+ a month after 10,000 DAS is unbelievably terrible.

Yes that’s what it says on the email about the bonus cash. Thank you!

Is that what the due at signing means :unamused:

I asked for just first month due at signing with $0 money down. Bums.

Welcome to the world of FCA dealers!

Keep emailing. You’ll find one eventually.

Thanks for the encouragement. Back to the drawing board.

Wow, is that some kind of joke? 9.5k cap cost reduction?! Especially on a $42k vehicle. Yikes…

I don’t think it’s incentive, it’s down payment…

Part of Due At Signing

So I wanted to provide a bit of a post script here for a few reasons. On an earlier thread someone had made a comment about me getting too emotional about this purchase while I was attempting to get a particular truck, and that was entirely true. Shortly after I started to look for one of these my mother fell ill and ended up in the hospital. I’m not sure if anyone who is reading this currently has, or has had any loved ones in a similar situation during this pandemic, but it’s absolutely terrible, particularly in hard hit areas. You’re not allowed to visit, so you are completely at the mercy of the Healthcare system.

It’s very difficult to feel so helpless and out of control about someone who is very important to you. This was only compounded by the nature of the “work at home” situation I’m in right now, though I’m very fortunate to have not suffered any significant economic effects, the uncertainty and the complete disruption of the routine I took for granted has been very difficult, and I’m sure I’m not alone in that regard.

In between phone calls with my mother and other family members during these past few months trying to get this truck offered some kind of respite where I DID have some control over something. I’m sure that might sound silly or crazy to some people, but it gave me something to take my mind off all the other things that were going on that I had no control over. It was nice to tell my mom about it when I finally did get it. While I don’t think that she really got the whole idea, she was happy that I was able to get something that I could take her grandkids out to have fun with. She probably wouldn’t ride in it, I wouldn’t exactly call it a very friendly vehicle for an older person who has any mobility issues, but I’ve got other options for those situations anyway.

Sadly, I didn’t get another chance to pick her up to come visit. She passed away this past Tuesday evening, which is why I really haven’t been around this week. I just wanted to let people here know that the interactions and discussions that take place here have been really helpful in getting through these past couple of months, if for nothing else just a little distraction, or maybe for a minute feeling like there was something that I could do or offer someone else that might be useful or helpful to them. I’m hopeful that I’ll eventually feel up to that kind of thing again at some point.

12 Likes

Sorry for your loss brother.

Enjoy that Gladiator in good health.

1 Like

My deepest condolences to you and your family. Although I don’t know you, I can’t imagine going through that especially during these times. Enjoy the Gladiator and conquer the days ahead.

1 Like

Jonathan, my sincere condolences on your loss.

1 Like

@ElectricEliminator my condolences, so sorry for your loss

1 Like

So sorry for your loss.

If you come to think of it, this gladiator might be well worth the purchase & even more when you think about the lasting memories it will give.

Stay strong and celebrate her life & memories.
:pray::pray:

1 Like