Signed: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 297/mo $297 DAS 42/10K

Be as specific as possible in the title if you are posting a deal – include car model, monthly payment, and money down.

Include as much information as possible in your post, and even a celebratory picture. :wink:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
MSRP: $43,820
Monthly Payment: $297
Drive-Off Amount: $297
Months: 42
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0011
Residual: 68
Incentives: $3,500
Region: New Jersey
Leasehackr Score: 13.2 Years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

So I’m not wild about the term, I needed it to stretch my negative equity from my Acadia and still keep the payment reasonable. Worst case I believe that this would be an easy swap down the road if needed, but I’m not planning on it! This was a lot of work to get done, and unfortunately @Seby12 already stole my thunder, so I tip my hat to him! I did roll $3,800 of negative equity into my deal, which brings it to $396/mo with $396 DAS. I’ll let you all decide whether you judge the deal on its own merits or my continuing negative equity idiocy. I need to mention that @CP11 is who inspired this with his post awhile ago, as well as @rubbergash for being able to do something similar. @z0lt3c got my wheels spinning with his Rodo deal last month too. @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto was an incredible help with his insights and information, I wish I could have got it from him! There’s several others that were really helpful here, I won’t mention their names unless they want me to, but in some cases they even reached out to me without asking for anything in return. Now that the NJ state parks are opening back up I’m just in time to have some fun with this!

14 Likes

For the sake of it, I like the 2nd option :rofl::rofl:

P.s. - good job on the 1st part of the payment. Lol

2 Likes

Nice you finally got it! :grin:

I might have to get one for myself when my lease is up next year, take advantage of the removable top and doors when summer gets here :sunglasses:

1 Like

Congratulations!

Looks like you found a dealer that did US Bank.

Can’t wait to see what our Gladiators are actually worth in 24 and 42 months.

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

For some reason I want one of these even though the look makes me throw up a bit. If they get into the mid 200s im in. a convertible truck would be a great beach/Home Depot runner.

3 Likes

Congrats! And kind of you to give recognition to others. Big breath of fresh air.

2 Likes

I’m kind of in the same boat, I don’t find it ugly, but it’s certainly not a beautiful vehicle. Then again, is there a truck based vehicle that is? I look at it almost like a grown up Tonka/Power Wheels without being quite as garish or impractical as the Hummers were. Plus it does bring some actual utility to the table as well. We’ll see what happens but I’m worried that the party might be coming to an end on these (if it ever really started) if banks are going to start dropping residual values. I guess we’ll find out what they look like tomorrow.

2 Likes

Congrats. Time to drive over to IBSP early Saturday before it inevitably hits capacity and closes super early. Seems like yesterday when you got the Acadia lmao

1 Like

State parks in NJ open Saturday don’t they?

1 Like

Days are blending together too much it’s alarming. I guess I’m not drinking enough

2 Likes

Ain’t that the truth

2 Likes

They do! There seem to be some restrictions so I need to find out what you can and can’t do at the moment. Plus I want to be careful and make sure I’m with or around people who can help me out if I get stuck or something like that.

Apparently you can pay 75 bucks for the year to get to drive on some sandy parts of Island Beach State Park. There’s some catches though. You need to have a fire extinguisher, I think a first aid kit and fishing poles lol.

I think that the most important thing that this forum provides when it is at its best is learning through shared experiences. If you enjoy cars it is always fun to see what is out there and what is possible. All it takes is a little bit of research, confidence and a basic understanding of math. The community here can help you get all of those things in some fashion or another. I’d like to think that every single person who has passed through here and was able to get a great deal for themselves all had that Neo/Matrix moment when they realized that “there is no spoon”. Learning how to essentially bend numbers and steel to my will here has been an incredibly empowering thing in many ways. I try to constantly learn from others here and pay it forward and back as best as I can.

1 Like

Great deal! My Dad loves these even though I can’t really wrap my head around it.

Great way to bury some neggity eggity.

4 Likes

It was a sunk cost either way. And one way or another I need another car at some point between now and when my Volt goes back. I could have just rode it out but if I could make it net zero or close to it for something I really wanted, why not? My brother told me that I was making an emotional decision and to wait, and maybe he was right, or at least half right. There was definitely an emotional component at work here, but I justified it by grinding for the best payment I could get, and looking at the state of the industry. I made a somewhat clouded judgment call that this exact deal probably wouldn’t be available again for quite some time. Multiple people have told me that US Bank has wised up on these and are changing figures tomorrow. And I have no guarantee that the incentives will improve or continue, including the $1,500 mailer I got. I could wait three months and without the mailer I’d probably be at exactly the same payment if all the other figures/incentives stayed the same, which they probably won’t. My gut told me that they will switch to trying to incentivize financed purchases instead of worrying about taking back overvalued leases going forward. We’ll see if I was right.

Gladiator and a Bolt, 2 of my favorites/ugliest cars on the road! Nice deal!

2 Likes

I also really want to see the numbers tomorrow.

First the F-Types, then the Tacos and now this.

You’d think something has to change.

1 Like

Crazy b*****d finally did it.

1 Like