Signed: 2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Limited - Effective Monthly: $91.82

Nice! Glad to see they were very quick with your EVgo prepaid card and the portable L2 charger.

Btw, when you got approved for CVAP, did you get the approval letter in the mail or through email?

When approved, they called me to let me know I was approved and that they were going to email me the approval packet. A few moments after getting off the phone with them, the approval packet appeared in my inbox. I was able to pass it along to the dealer right away and get the ball rolling.

This just arrived today! 6 weeks from start to finish. Indicated processing time, 8-10 weeks from approval. All my rebates and grants have been approved and delivered before the indicated processing times so far. Looks like there are no longer any pandemic related delays just FYI. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Congrats!! Thanks for the update

Wow - that was an additional $7500

CVAP is a great program to get EV cars more attainable. I just wish there was a sliding scale for the income. Oh well, awesome deal for you! I’m in the market for my next EV. Like you, total range is not my only goal. I currently have a Bolt and have never gone more than 100 miles in one drive. I have L2 charger at home and my main purpose is commuting and would like more comfort. I guess I should look at an ioniq!

Yup! The Ioniq should definitely be on your list. The Ioniq is definitely the most comfortable and feature packed cars in this price range. People will will soon chime in to say that the Model 3 is by far the best in the price range but they cost way more as they don’t qualify for CVAP or the Federal Tax Credit any longer. A difference of $12,500 right off the bat before any discounts you may be able to negotiate. :grinning:

1 Like

Just an update on my CVRP rebate filing just in case people are wondering what the processing time are like currently. :smiley:

Received the check 2 days after it was mailed.

1 Like

@paulboo did they contact you anytime during the application ? I submitted mine two days ago and curious if they confirm if they approved early in the process

Nope. Wasn’t contacted anytime during the entire application process. Just monitored the status on their website.

Okay cool.

I don’t get this? how can you pre-approve when they the site is only pre-approving San Diego residents only? Thank you for all the information btw.

I called the CVAP yesterday and was told that they are processing Mid-June Applications at this time. Mine was sent on July 1st… Also, I sent them a copy of my W2’s as they can’t verify electronically with the IRS, so there is no delay as all paperwork was submitted at once…hopefully in the next couple of weeks I’ll get approved :crossed_fingers: :call_me_hand: and then off to the dealership negotiations board :money_mouth_face:

He signed the lease first and then applied for CVRP

1 Like

What you are referring to is CVRP. The one you need to get pre approved for beforehand is CVAP. There is a difference between the 2. They are 2 different programs. CVAP is a grant, you must be pre approved. CVRP is a rebate, you apply for it after your purchase.

CVAP - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program

CVRP - Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you for the clarification

I just got an e-mail of my approval for the CVAP-they are switching to a digital letter packet unless you opt in for an actual letter sent via US Mail… As stated-They will send a separate e-mail for the Approval Letter.
The 35 days were extended beyond July 31st for another 90 days, so I have 125 days to redeem the grant-due to COVID.

Application was sent on July 1st and I did send them all the necessary forms (W2, 1099, Tax Returns) so no delays were met… all in all it took about 2hrs with watching all the videos through the site.

Now the decision to be made:
-Mirai (First choice 2021 but won’t be able to wait, as grant will expire before release in December) 2019 (cheaper lease) or 2020
-Honda Clarity FC-most miles
-Hyundai Nexo-most $$$
-Chevy BOLT-will end up making some $2000+ when all incentives are applied :sunglasses:

Congrats on the approval. I an waiting in line too. 5 weeks is a great time. Also I don’t think you can go for nexo with this program

1 Like

congrats on the ride! I just signed my 2020 Ioniq Limited in NJ. Shared the deal here

The incentives are fantastic. I wish NJ had the EVGo AAA discount though-- and wish that our ‘up to $500 incentive for home charging infrastructure’ was live.

1 Like

Yes you can, Fuel Cell vehicles are excluded from the Max Price Point :call_me_hand:
You can use the Grant towards a Tesla 3 or Y model for purchase or lease…also CVRP can be had for the same Model 3 and Y$2000 plus an extra $2500 for low income=$4500 total rebate (I may purchase a Tesla 3 after the initial 30 months has passed)