Signed: 2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Limited - Effective Monthly: $91.82

Thanks so much OP I got approved for the rebate! What are people’s suggestions for the cheapest ev with all the grants and what not? I’m in the LA area.

1 Like

What’s the real range on a vehicle like this? Actually experience by users who got it

Bolt would be cheapest to lease from what I have seen. Also has the most range and best performance. If you aren’t looking for the most range and concerned about creature comforts and features, the Ioniq Electric is worth a look. I love mines. Interior comfort is night and day difference between the two.

I haven’t run the battery down completely yet but having calculated between what I have driven and what is left in the battery, 170 miles is easy. Someone on YouTube was able to do a highway run at 70mph and got the 170 miles advertise. If you feather the pedal and don’t do too many highway miles, you would could do almost 200 miles. Super efficient car, only the Model 3 standard range is more efficient I think.

Thanks paulboo for sharing your deal and your research. Couple of questions:

1. Did you explore the possibility of one-pay (single-pay) lease with Hyundai dealers? If yes, what sort of numbers were you getting?
  2. How can you get Tesla thru the CVAP program when its not listed in their list of dealerships?

I didn’t explore any one pay scenarios with this deal so I have no idea how that would look like.

As far as using CVAP with Tesla, it seems like you wouldn’t be able to according to the CVAP website since Tesla is not listed as an approved dealer. However on the Tesla website, it does list CVAP as one of the incentives that applies to Tesla. My guess is if you are able to find a used Tesla on the lot of one of the approved dealers then it would apply? I would check with CVAP to confirm.

Tesla does show on the approved dealership list:

I have noticed that their few links listed give you a different list-the one I posted is from the top drop down menu “VEHICLES” then “Dealerships” if you look up the web address it has 2020/08/Dealership-List.pdf the others have the 2020/07/Dealership-List.pdf address link

Does Hyundai usually increase incentives as the end of the year approaches? trying to decide if I should lease now or wait a few months for a better deal on the Ioniq

That is usually the case unless the car sells well without incentives. Just a quick skim on the Edmunds forum, it looks like there’s already an additional $2.250 incentive on top of what I got back in May. So it might be the case for the Ioniq Electric.

I wish I had known about this CVAP thing when I signed. My lease would have been free.