Signed: 2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Limited - Effective Monthly: $91.82

lol I already have an address in the Bay Area that I can use.

1 Like

Just an update, I was approved for the increased rebate($4,500) today without income verification. My application was processed and approved in 32 days, even earlier than the estimated processing times listed(34 days) on the CVRP website.

To anyone that is applying for the CVRP, they are going through the applications quick unless you are chosen for income verification. And applying for the increased rebate DOES NOT automatically trigger income verification.

2 Likes

Congrats! I was recently approved for low income CVRP as well. $3500 for a 2020 Honda Clarity PHEV. Applied 6/1, approved on 6/26 without income verification. So 26 days. Still waiting on the check though.

Btw, how long did it take for you to receive your $1000 EVgo charge card from CVAP?

I applied for the CVAP beginning of July-still pending review, I submitted all info in the same day, so they have all tax info etc…
When approved-Will try and get into a Mirai or Clarity first…my estimate is $65-$120/mo for those two after all rebates/grant…if deals are not good, then BOLT it is

Side note-I also like the fact that they pay for the fuel for 3 years, so that’s why leaning towards Mirai or Clarity, closest station 15 miles away, my work commute 4.5 miles one way

Woah! Even faster than mine!

Grid Alternatives reached out to me maybe about 2 weeks after I finalized the transaction. I told them I was opting for the EVgo prepaid card and portable level 2 charger. I created my EVgo account same day and my account was funded the next day. The portable charger arrives 4 days after that. They are very quick.

Hmm, I wonder what will they do if a Fuel Cell vehicle is purchased…no use of the EvGo card or the Portable Cord… maybe opt to sell them online ?!? I am leaning towards the 2021 Mirai…now that I saw some photos (that were deleted recently lol) :upside_down_face:

Have you even read the CVAP website? There is no mention that a hydrogen car is eligible. Under eligible cars it list Hybrid Electric, Plug In Electric and Battery Electric vehicles. That’s why there no mention of provisions from Grid Alternatives for a hydrogen car because hydrogen cars aren’t included. You might want to read and understand the program first before trying to use the CVAP grant for a hydrogen car and waste the dealerships’ time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes I have-here’s their response…otherwise I wouldn’t have even thought about a Fuel Cell-which is Electric btw.

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our program I am happy to say that yes fuel cell vehicles do qualify for the grant. The amount of the grant will be determined based on the income of the applicant and the type of vehicle.
I hope this answers your question.

Best,

Jessica Saechao | Pronouns: she, her

CVA Program Associate, Lead Trainer | beneficial state foundation

O: 559-271-1957 | Ext: 27405
170 W Shaw Ave, Fresno, CA 93704"

Also, read the Manual:

The CVA Program provides qualified individuals with a grant for the purchase or lease of a qualified clean vehicle. Participants with a verified gross income of 225% and below of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (please see table 1.2, page 11) qualify for a grant of $2,500 for a hybrid electric vehicle (HEV), $5,000 for a Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV), and $5,000 for a Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV), which includes Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). Participants that fall between 226% and 400% of the federal poverty level (please see table 1.2, page 11) qualify for a grant of $1,500 for a hybrid electric vehicle (HEV), $4,500 for a PHEV, $5,000 for a ZEV (includes BEVs and FCEVs). Participants that purchase or lease a BEV or PHEV may qualify for an additional grant to access a charging solution, up to a $2,000 value.

1. List item

Sorry, my bad. I didn’t read the manual.

Also the manual you copied and pasted tells you exactly what happens when you buy a fuel cell car. You don’t get the $2,000 charging grant.

Looks like you answered your own question. I guess I wasn’t completely wrong. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am in a situation. I don’t have California license and waiting for my road test which probably will be in 1 month. If I lease the car today and then apply after I get the California license, would it disqualify me from the programs ?

You have to be approved for CVAP prior to leasing the vehicle. The CVAP grant is part of the transaction. It cannot be applied retroactively. If you buy a car today without CVAP approval then you will only qualify for CVRP.

Yes, what @paulboo said-CVAP has to be approved first to be able to use the $5000 and it takes a while…I applied beginning of July and its still under review…you have up to 60 days to finish the application, or if you have all paperwork handy-I did it in a couple of hrs

CVRP you apply after purchase/lease, same with Edison $1K rebate

So, read up on the links I posted… they extended if approved by July 31, you have 125 days to use the $5000 grant, otherwise it’s only 35 days after August 1st…unless because of COVID the approve for another extension

I am more inclined towards Nexo where it’s 4500 + 2500 CVRP so I think I am safe there. Also I checked and they’ve a lot of money left so there isn’t a risk of losing out on those. Correct ?

Sounds like you are only looking for the CVRP rebate. If that is the case, then yes you can buy the car now and then apply for the CVRP rebate afterwards. Just make sure you time it right. You only have 3 months for the date of purchase to submit a CVRP rebate and CVRP requires a copy a valid DRIVERS LICENSE when submitting an application for the rebate.

This is not to be confused with CVAP which again you have to be approved for BEFORE purchasing a car. CVAP application also requires you provide a scan of your valid DRIVERS LICENSE.

Yes with. Nexo, it’s $4500 + $2500 for enhanced income so just looking at that. Seems they still have 90M in funding left so I should be okay to take th rrisk

Yes, as mentioned above…you can apply for CVRP after you sign the lease…me, personally-will be waiting for the extra $5000 of FREE money :money_mouth_face: no rush as I already have a vehicle!

I am just tempted to Try out some thing new because there isn’t much difference in price after the grants

Umm, $5000 is not a small amount-that’s $138/mo for 36 months and that equals a brand new BMW i3 leased for 3 years :money_mouth_face:

1 Like