Signed: 2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Limited - Effective Monthly: $91.82

Does not apply for leases - Chevy gets the federal credit, not you. Chevy has typically given lease cash to pass it to the lessor for the federal tax credit, but usually it is never the full amount anyways.

Not sure which vehicle you are referring to. For the Ioniq, the full $7,500 tax credit gets passed to you as cap cost reduction. Hyundai still has a ways to go before the tax credit starts phasing out. If you are referring to the Bolt, there is no Federal Tax Credit left since April 1st 2020 I believe. However, Chevy has been offering steep discounts to compensate for the lack of Federal Tax Credit. What you posted is just an example, that’s all.

as an FYI, Monterey County does not qualify which killed my deal… alas.

Hey just want to check on the grant situ. I too can qualify for $4500 for CVRP but I thought I had to do this myself after I got the car. You seem to have for the dealer to do it? Thanks!

No, you are correct. The rebate can only be claimed after the purchase of the vehicle. I think the only way you can get the rebate applied at the time of purchase is if you reside in San Diego county and are preapproved through the CVRP pilot program.

1 Like

Hey Paul! Thanks for sharing this deal. Can you share the specifics outside of the lease calculator deal?

Did you get the $4500 and where did you get the $1000 utility and the EV go Prepaid card?

did you use the rebates to factor in the 0 down payment? I’m trying to take advantage of this deal as well!

I’m from PA (Zip Code: 19446). Will i be able to get this lease offer ?

No, Cali only, for low to medium income. To qualify for a CA vehicle rebate program rebate of this amount, you need to qualify for the income level, live on the right side of the country, have an electrical provider that provides this benefit, and free ev charging, bonus drive decreased by 250 to 250 from 500, and a dealer willing to discount, you are in the Pit, knowing the market some what, there is what, Faulkner, Rahal, Cochran, Wright, bowser, and Kelly to choose from? They won’t match this, by hundreds of dollars.

NJ I haven’t done the math, PA has a measly 750 in credit compare to over 6k for CA. That’s closer to 170ish extra per month. Also factor in sales tax, add 2% to what you pay at a store, and you’ll have your monthly tax.

1 Like

I haven’t received the $4,500 rebate just yet. I have applied for the rebate and my income qualifies for the increased rebate according to the auto reply email from them. Application backlog is about 43 days right now according to the website. It jumps to 136 days if I am selected to income verification which I probably most likely will be selected for since I applied for the increased rebate which is income dependent.

The $1,000 utility rebate is from Southern California Edison.

The EVgo $1,000 prepaid charge card is from the CVAP grant.

None of the rebates were used for the down payment. The only down payment in the transaction is the $5,000 grant from CVAP. No money from me whatsoever.

Numbers can work out pretty well in NJ if you get the dealer to discount it.

1 Like

Good luck with the CVRP - I just got approved last week after income verification. Applied in mid February.

Low income is automatically selected for income verification IMO.

My mother in law did not go through income verification for her Kia Niro EV and she qualifies for the low income rebate of $4,500. I believe they randomly select applicants for income verification l. Applied back in March and got her $4,500 check early June.

1 Like

I don’t think the increased rebate necessarily means you are chosen for the income verification. If that were true, I think the email from them would have have stated that. But the email it confirms that I qualify for the increased rebate and that I have NOT been selected for income verification at this time. And it sounds like the poster above wasn’t selected either.

With the current situation it is completely understandable to have delays. Don’t you think? But I doubt that’s the case anymore either. They updated their processing times on their website a few days ago. I applied for CVAP and was approved with the approval packet in hand in about 5 weeks. They stated processing times could be from 3 weeks to 3 months. Sounds like your application arrived at CVRP just before beginning of the stay at home orders in California which makes sense why you waited so long. The applications are processed by humans not computers. Probably took them a awhile to get set up for remote working and start processing applications again. Regardless, you get the rebate in the end. The wait isn’t going to kill you. Unless you can’t make the car payments without the rebate then that’s a problem for another forum. :joy:

Does anyone know how the income verification process work? Say if one lives in a family home and files tax separately, how do they verify number of individuals in the household? Will it just be your own income since you filed separately or other’s in the household as well?

Here is the excerpt from the CVRP website under Income Eligibility:

Increased rebate applicants selected* for income verification must submit:

• One completed Household Summary Form that reflects the current household size
  • A completed IRS Form 4506-Tfor every household member age 18 and older currently living in the household, regardless of filing status or dependency

Additional documentation may be requested to provide complete details on income and household size.

Please review the guidance in our Sample Supporting Documents to ensure you correctly complete the forms above and avoid delays in your verification.

If an applicant participates in one or more of the public assistance programs on CVRP’s Categorical Eligibility List, they may also submit documentation confirming their participation for consideration by the Administrator. Note that depending on the program, documentation required may vary.

†You may request your Tax Return Transcript online, free of charge, by visiting the IRS Get Transcript website. This document may be submitted along with your 4506-T to support processing your application. Applicants will be required to self-request their transcripts in cases where CVRP is unable to obtain a copy from the IRS. For applicants who believe they may be marked for fraud, self-requesting your transcript in advance may help avoid delays in processing your application. If we cannot obtain a copy of your transcript within the required timeframe, your application will be cancelled, and you may be unable to re-apply. Eligibility will be reviewed based on the Terms and Conditions in place at the time a new application is submitted. Extensions will not be granted.

*You do not have to submit proof of income unless you have been selected for income verification.

As far as what they consider a household, here is a excerpt from the “Household Summary Form” you will need to complete if selected for income verification:

“For CVRP, a household includes all family members or other unrelated persons, including the rebate applicant, who reside together and/or share common living expenses.”

From my interpretation of this, anyone living under the same roof as you is considered your household as well as all the income they make.

2 Likes

https://www.baaqmd.gov/funding-and-incentives/residents/clean-cars-for-all/apply

anyone tried this? looks like if you qualify for CVAP then you qualify for this.

Pal, just want to appreciate your hospitality again for sharing this great deal with everyone. Just signed our contract with the dealer today, we end up paying a bit less due to lower San Bernardino sales tax rates. We are going to take the 2000 credit for the LV2 home charger, this is the deal of the century for a car with many top-notch features. Again our appreciation to you.

2 Likes

Congratulations on the new car! I know you will enjoy it as much as I enjoy mines! It is indeed a great car. Sacrifice a little range for some creature comforts compared to other vehicles. Worth it in my opinion. :sunglasses:

You can only apply for either the CVAP or Bay Area Clean Air program-depending on income whichever works better for you…so can not be stacked

Haha-good time to rent a room up north :wink: