SIGNED 2020 Bolt LT - 1700 one pay OTD (3k post sale rebates due)

He choose one pay, essentially paid for 36 months upfront and saved some money on the APR rate.

2 Likes

I applied end of May. I got the approval towards the end of July.

Basically what @shahid7624 said.
For any lease, you have a finance charge called money factor. You are essentially minimizing it to almost 0 by paying for the entire lease up front. When you pay for everything up front, you donā€™t have a monthly payment. :grinning:

1 Like

Usually for most assistance programs (SSI, Calfresh, Medical and others) a Household is considered all people who share Meals and expenses at the house. You could have 3 families living in a 3 Bedroom House, but if they all pay for their own food, rent, and utilities then each of them is their own household for qualification purposes.

Now, My understanding is you do your own taxes, pay rent and utilities to your parents to live in their basement, and eat at McDonaldā€™s daily. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I appreciate your detailed explanation. Thank you! :blush:

Hello Ethan, I qualify for the low income rebate, due to health issues Iā€™ve experienced over the past 2 yrs. Iā€™ve been keeping up to date in the forum for months & this is the best deal so far.
The Bolt will be perfect for me, especially because Iā€™m at the end of classes & becoming a foster parent, before Christmas! :blush: How do I schedule an appt with you to come in & close on this deal when you get more Boltā€™s in? Please lmk either way. Thx! :slight_smile:

Close. Just finished up my doctorate and was on my way to Vancouver, BC for a fellowship. Stopped by my folksā€™ home for a couple of days. Long story short, COVID, been here for 6 months and counting. I am vegan, so negative on the Micky Dā€™s. And yea, I file my taxes separately.

Hi @NatiG,
You should follow the ongoing boltmania/bolt saga over here. My understanding is they are still out of stock, but are expecting to get some in.

1 Like

I am waiting on my CVAP approvalā€¦ once itā€™s approved Iā€™ll hit up @ethanrs for sure.
How much was lease cash? That only applies if you have previous/ongoing lease right?
I think I can replicate this just without the lease cash since I donā€™t have a lease right now.

Great deal.

The Bolt EV does not have the $7500 federal tax credit available, where you would get paid for leasing the Bolt EV making this a unicorn deal, if thatā€™s the term used here.

Cheers

1 Like

Considering that Ethan is on hold these days due to Inventory/Survey issues, Do we know of any other good deals on Bolt in Southern California dealerships?
The lowest one-pay lease I can find is around $8400 (with Costco and loyalty) which is much higher than the numbers we have been reading in this forum.
For monthly payment options, not sure if any dealer in Southern California is offering $194 DAS, $194/month that weā€™ve been seeing online (which will be about $7560 total for 3 years assuming the 7.75% sales tax).
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

The lessee doesnā€™t get the federal tax credit, even if the Bolt still qualified for it.

1 Like

Your quote of 8400 is for a Premier or LT, and what terms? 15k, 12k, 10k miles? Need to compare deals apples to apples. OPā€™s deal is for an LT, 36/10k.

I only solicited a couple of quotes, but I kept an eye on the forums here to see what people were getting their cars for. 8400 one pay for an LT with 36/10k is a lukewarm deal at best. Bombard the dealers in your area for quotes and see what they can do. Take your top few quotes and counter them with what you think is a reasonable offer based on what Ethan and Miguel are able to do. In the mean time, keep an eye on the boltmania thread and see when they get more bolts in.

1 Like

Actually $8400 one-pay is for a 3 year/36k miles LT lease, and I agree its nothing to write home about. Hence I was asking if someone was able to get better numbers in Southern California whether its for one-pay or monthly lease.

I specifically read in the forum thread that there Was a ā€œunicorn dealā€ done on a Boltā€¦ Where did you read that the fed rebate is Not available for the Bolt? Please lmk. Thank you

Yep! Iā€™ve been doing that.:+1::smiley:

1 Like

Looks like April Fools Day was the cut-off on Bolts: https://clark.com/cars/electric-vehicle-tax-credit/

1 Like

Thank you! I really appreciate this info.

Chevy/GM ran out of these rebates. You can see which cars are eligible here.