SIGNED - 2020 BMW M235i XDrive - $399.50/mo - 36/10 - $0 DAS - 7MSDs - EXECUTIVE FARTS INCLUDED

But the handling makes up for that minor laugh. Enjoy in great health Sir!

With the recent, (and fantastic) adjustments to the calculator, I reposted the calculator link in the initial post.

It turns out the actual MF used was not inflated as much as I initially calculated. I did not realize that, apparently as far as BMWFS is concerned, these “pseudo-M” cars have the same $.30 per mile applied to them as the full M cars. Once that was accounted for, the actual MF need to be adjusted down so a smaller markup.

I drove one at UDE. The front is pretty spacious I think. It was a blast to drive until the coach on the radio said “more gas”. It’s probably too many horses for me!

I see you had much in common with my own father. The only thing the instructor said was more gas and brake later. Of all the cars at UDE, he drove the X3M, 750xi, X6 M50i, M340i, 330i, X3 30e, and loved the M235xi the most.

Thats because they didnt have an m550 :slight_smile:

(or an M2 CS)

2 Likes

He may have blown past a Philly cop in a X6 M50i at 100 miles an hour on i95, but he is also someone who thinks an i4 V60 is too much wagon for him.

I was driving a 330 at a UDE and the coaching I got was the reverse :slight_smile: They said, “you are over driving it!”. I went in thinking perhaps I missed my calling and should move into a different field of work, a couple of hours later realized perhaps this was not the case.

They gave you 330? I was under the impression all the tours had M235xis and M340xis for the autocross demo.

I did the last UDE In June 2019 I think, so quite some time ago.

1 Like

Has anyone done a 0-60 on their LT1? I got 4.3 no launch control and 30 degree weather :joy:

True true :slight_smile:

Pretty much every car reviewer seems to indicate that the M2 is the best (performance) car BMW builds.

1 Like

I got 4.5 but the road was a little bit damp.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s about the driver. My college buddies that were able to push corollas to the limit now drive 911s. For me that would be a waste

Yeah size matters.

1 Like

It’s the most balanced and feels like the true ethos of what M stands for an actual track car.

Imo, best daily driver is the m5.

Their flashiest car is the m8.

Yeah, there is always that balance of what a car “feels like” and how it actually performs. In most scenarios, it’s hard to imagine an M2 being able to hold a candle to an M5/M8 (maybe a very tight low speed track? ) yet the M2 may feel like it is more fun during the process. The last Ford fiesta ST I had fit this vibe perfectly. In any measured performance test, it would get its posterior kicked up one side and down the other by many many cars prrobably even some minivans ). But it sure felt fun in the process.

Wow man, you are on fire this year. You got the only 2 series GC worth getting, looks great in white. I was thinking to slide into one of these maybe next year after swapping out the LT1, just to have loyalty for cheap. Killer deal.

Yeah with all the tech some cars just aren’t as scintillating to drive, for example a gtr might blow the doors off many of these cars but it almost feels like the car has too much control whereas something like an m2 is just balanced properly but not that much power compared to others.

It essentially gets killed on the straightaway but that feeling of pushing the car to the edge is priceless imo. Even the whole manual vs auto debate applies here, it’s more fun to drive a manual but the auto is just way faster than what any human could shift, not to mention more practical.

You guys know better than to bother with the BMW dealers in metro Detroit. They are all a joke. Erhard Bloomfield pretends they don’t know what MSDs are. Ann Arbor acts like they’re Beverly Hills.
The last two BMW dealers I used were Orland Park (Chicago) and Evans (Dayton, OH).

1 Like

It might be the Midwest in general tbh, outside of Chicago metro there’s one in indiana offering 7% off for an m5 on lot for 400 days.