SIGNED - 2020 BMW M235i XDrive - $399.50/mo - 36/10 - $0 DAS - 7MSDs - EXECUTIVE FARTS INCLUDED

My wife is 5’2", so there will not be problems there :slight_smile:

I saw some reviews online and one guy was 6’3" and he said he fit fine. Now, if he also wanted to put a 6’3" friend right behind him…I suspect that friend would no longer be a friend if the trip was long. But truthfully, any BMW short of a 5 will be that way in my experience. Rear seat room is not a strong suit until you get to the 5/7 series sedans.

1 Like

In case anyone in the midwest is looking, search dealers around Chicago and youll see one has a black sapphire M235Xi loaner with the magma seat sport seats. Maybe you can beat the above number if your LH skills are superior to mine (and now that another week has passed it wont hurt…)

2 Likes

Very true. I was pretty surprised at how the i3 we got for my wife has more room up front than my 2018 340i
Would like to go 5 series for space sake since I’m 6’1” ~250lbs but I haven’t seen any deals that make sense.

Post more pics when you get the car, and enjoy!!

Great price on a nice car. I’d probably do it if I could.

Do some research before you add a tune, piggyback or no BMW is getting (rightfully) aggressive

Yeah…zero chance I would ever do a tune. A slight “offset” of one sensors data…maybe something to ponder one way or the other, but truthfully not something I will end up doing.

Yeah I would rock a jb4 but looks like if (boost for example), exceeds the factory range by X%, BAM flagged…even if you remove it…

I can give you the 6’1" evaluation, but fear my scrawny self is 75 lb short on the other parameter😁

1 Like

It’s a shame the gearbox/throttle response is so crap in these cars. The lag from the lights between pressing the gas and it moving is horrible. It’s spoilt the whole driving experience for me and I know I’m not alone. Also if they have adopted the European regs the the pops and bangs are only there on startup. Handles likes a dream though and love the tech

I can confess that I could not resist testing launch control yesterday on the way home. Its the real deal. I was rather shocked how hard this car leave the line using launch control. It actually made me feel dizzy. I will guess this car will beat the LT1 off the car for the first few hundred feet despite the 150+ hp deficit.

I did not notice a particularly egregious throttle response in normal driving (for a heavily boosted 4 cylinder…it is certainly not like a razor sharp NA large displacement engine), but I do see that there is a little bit of lag down low in certain circumstances. It doesnt feel (to me anyway) any different than the other BMW 4 cylinders (such as my 430), but the extra power up top compared to that car probably makes it feel laggier (since the bottom end to top end difference is more exaggerated). Seat of the pants I do believe the high 12’s@107 test of this car from one of the car mags.

1 Like

@Tanik …I just drove ~600 miles in the car and found the interior space more than acceptable. I honestly dont think the front seat room is much different than a 3/4 series BMW. It may be a little bit smaller in the back, but truthfully I dont think the difference between the 2/3/4 in this regard is likely to be a dealbreaker for someone looking at these cars. None of them are going to rival the 5/7 series in interior space. Having been in 2/3/4/5 many times, at least it isnt a notable differentiator for me (between the 2/3/4, with the 5 being noticeably larger especially in the back seat).

That said, my car does have the MSport optional seats and they fit me like a literal glove. However, as mentioned above I am ~175 lb and not 250 lb with a back the width of a sheet of plywood :slight_smile: So, you might want to check to see if the Sport seats are too snug in your case when compared to the regular ones. The Sport seats look pretty awesome though and at $750 the adder was worth it in my case.

2 Likes

Sounds like a total winner!
The sport seats look fantastic, I’d probably find a way to cram myself in them haha
Now to just find one for a deal like yours in my area.

Congrats on the car, enjoy!!

Nice deal! I’m honestly enjoying my 2 series a lot more than I thought I would. The drive is a lot of fun even in the 228i xDrive, so I can imagine that this is a very fun car to drive. I just hate the side profile of these cars, they look so generic…

Check out BootMod3 too. Supposedly smoother throttle response than JB4. No experience with either.

I have a 2018 330i xDrive GT with the B26 4-cylinder. Throttle response off the line isn’t the greatest but it lopes along at 80+mph at +/-2k rpm getting 30+ mpg. Never lacked for power in it. Previous car was a 2011 M3 with 414hp (all up top). Low end grunt of this little engine is very good. Put it in Sport + and listen to the exhaust pops and crackles, then realize you’re not 12 and put it back in sport or comfort mode.

That sounds like me with the Camaro, only I have apparently not yet realized I am no longer 12.

1 Like

Yeah, I definitely think the sport seats are a very nice to have option, I wouldn’t say they are they must have, but very few options are that way for me (because I know having must haves will definitely limit the pool of cars, and therefore the odds of finding an LH worthy deal).

That said, these seats do have some very nice adjustable lumbar supports (as well as the ability to increase or decrease the width of the side bolsters). I think this would prove very helpful to helping the seats fit a wider range of body sizes.

And of course, realistically the $750 adder for the seats is really only ($750 x (1- RV%) ) / 36, or about $9/mo in my case.

1 Like

Plus rent plus tax :stuck_out_tongue:

No joke, I was seriously hoping someone was going to read what I wrote closely enough to make that comment😁.

2 Likes

Congrats @spockvr6 ! Great job on the hack and that is such a fun little car. Im 6’2 and when I was once handed this as a loaner, I wasn’t sure. But after driving it for 2 days, I was amazed how this pocket rocket handles. Super fun car to zip in n out of Miami traffic lol. I did find the baby pops n bangs from the exhaust funny though but loved every bit of it.

2 Likes

Thank you @mani_is_kool

I was also laughing about those little baby pops and bangs…After having the LT1for a bit and hearing with that car does with the dual mode exhaust in obnoxious mode, the M235s impression of it is almost like a joke :grin:

2 Likes