Signed: šŸ¦„ 2020 BMW 740i x-drive (contract attached)

So seems like a lot of LHā€™ers have questions about shipping. I learnt a few things while researching the shipping companies. I will share it here tonight once I go home and hopefully it helps some of us. Thank you all for the compliments.

2 Likes

Congratulations on a sick hack !!!

2 Likes

Sweet, and shows the result of playing off multiple dealers against each other.

1 Like

Awesome deal. Thanks for the process description and details. Very helpful. Enjoy it!

1 Like

WOW, fantastic!

1 Like

Really nice car. Congratulations and great deal!

1 Like

My dealer has 5 or 6 2020 740 demos marked as preowned at the moment priced in the 60s range. They are anywhere from 5,000-10,000 miles approx. Ended up doing a brand new one because of the color combo and options but if anyone has been looking let me know and can pass along the info. GM is a good friend there and they do good business.

1 Like

Iā€™d love the dealer info

Desert BMW Las Vegas. Ask for Eric Z, the GM. Tell him Alan Brons mentioned the 740s they got in last week. Good luck. You should still be able to find them on their website as well. Heā€™s a great guy & a friend of many years. They are honest dealers.

Just looked, unless I got the wrong site, there are no 7 series loaners

Thatā€™s awesome. I pay slightly more for my 640gt

1 Like

Looks like they got cleaned out this week on them. Sorry about that. Didnā€™t realize they were all sold.

Look under preowned. Some sold but just found them. Thereā€™s several with diff mileages

Donā€™t be. I found them.

Glad you found them. They just put them under pre-owned. Those listed prices are before discounts and rebates too! Best of luck. Should be some :unicorn: lease payments.

I really donā€™t need a new lease or a car that big but a unicorn would be tempting. I took a break from leasing but this could bring me back because tbh I just hate owning and itā€™s only been 9 monthsā€¦

If you get around to posting the shipping information, that would be really helpful

If they are between 5-10k miles you wonā€™t get any incentives plus there is a big hit on the residual essentially killing the deal

1 Like

9 % residual drop and no incentives from BMW. Also look at the in-service date. Some of them might have no factory warranty left or very close by the time you ground the lease. So unless the discount is more like 40 - 45 % off go for it.

Sorry about the delay. Been really busy at work lately. But here is the shipping research I did and will hopefully help LHā€™ers:

ā€“ So the first step is just google auto shipping companies and try to contact them. Most of them have some sort of online quoting system based on the zip codes and vehicle type you enter. Now almost every single one of these companies (I would say 99 %) are ā€œauto shipping brokersā€. The actual truckers are too busy hauling cargo and you will not have any luck trying to reach to them directly (even though they are the ones actually bringing your car to you). Occasionally you will find companies such as InterCity Lines who are actual haulers and you can reach them directly (This is just an example and I am not endorsing them). Then there are some hybrid haulers out there who are brokers and also have their own small fleet. The one I used had this type of hybrid setup. But with my luck the car was eventually subcontracted to another shipping company since the original shipper did not run my route. In this case make sure with them that the subcontracted broker/shipper meets or exceeds all the insurance requirements and follows the same protocols. Also now would be a good time to ask that who is responsible, if any damage claim has to be filed, since it is contracted to another company. At this point decide if you want to do ā€œenclosedā€ (usually for exotics) or ā€œopen carrier transportā€.

ā€“ Be flexible and give at least 2 weeks for the pickup to happen. It could happen sooner too in most cases. Mine was done in 5 business days. If you need a guaranteed pick up date or an expedited service, that will be an extra charge. Also do not forget to take pictures during the pickup. Have somebody at the dealership do that for you.

ā€“ The actual truckers are probably great drivers, but usually very bad at communicating. I had the cellphone number of the actual trucker who was bringing the car and called him several times to get status updates. Not one time did he pick up or text back. He dropped it off at a terminal somewhere in Pennsylvania and then another local delivery company got in touch with me and brought me the vehicle.

ā€“ Most companies/brokers will not require a deposit to pick up the car and the total cost is COD. Some brokers require a $ 50 to $ 200 deposit and the balance due at time of delivery. In my case the shipping company requested full payment upfront. So I did it that way. So now you might wonder that if you can find 10 cheapest brokers who do not charge an upfront deposit, and tell them all to pick up the same car, and whoever reaches the dealership first gets that business. Sounds too good to be true, and it might end up making it worse for all the parties involved. All of these brokers connect with truckers using a national central dispatch platform (www.centraldispatch.com). So truckers are able to see the same car being listed in real-time to be picked up and see that multiple brokers are quoting cheaper prices to win that business. The end result is that no trucker will pick up that car for that cheap of a price and you would have to start the process again. Here is a some quick info on that:
https://www.autostartransport.com/blog/need-cheap-auto-transport-why-shouldnt-you-use-several-brokers-and-pay-the-lowest-price/

ā€“ As my final word I would like to say that research and read lots of online reviews, or go with a shipper that somebody else had good experience with. Surely price is a concern but for a difference of few hundred bucks go with a more reputed and rated shipper. Some cheaper companies are not worth the hassle for a vehicle which is worth in thousands. Let me know if I can help answering any questions.

5 Likes