Signed: 2019 Volvo XC90 T5 R Design AWD 36/12k $431mo $3587DAS $5000MSD (GA)

Pulled the trigger last night on an XC90 T5 R Design AWD. I started with a Costco PIN and reached out via email to the sales managers at a few dealerships in the Atlanta area. From the start, Phil Jacobson (the sales manager at Dyer & Dyer Volvo) offered the most attractive deal. It took some back and forth to get on the same page on the numbers because he structured the deal to cover the first payment for me then roll it in to the remaining payments, but we didn’t have to haggle on selling price. I’m going to show the figures below for a conventional 36/12 structure then will also share what my 35-payment numbers were. I’ll post pictures at the bottom (and in the Trophy Garage)!

2019 Volvo XC90 T5 R Design AWD

MSRP: $63,035 (Polestar package, heated steering wheel/seats, 22" wheels, all weather floor mats, rear bumper protector, integrated child booster in 2nd row)
Selling Price: $50,535 (19.8% discount, includes $4k dealer cash + $1k Costco/Military dealer cash – Costco/Mil is one or the other… not stackable)
Monthly Payment: $431 (.68% of MSRP)
Cash Due at Signing:

• 1st payment: $431
  • MSD: $5,000 ($500 x 10)
  • Fees: $995 Acq Fee, $599 dealer fee, $270 Electronic Titling Fee, $3 GA Lemon Law fee
  • Taxes: $2,206.76 – the car is being titled/registered in VA, which taxes the gross purchase price
    Incentives: None

**Months:**36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: .00157 → after MSDs .00107
Residual: 61% ($38,451)

Region: Southeast, but believe Volvo programs are national.
Leasehackr Score: 10.1 years

Note: my paperwork reflects a $458.14 payment, but no initial payment included up front. I did a simple calculation to sanity check things ($431 x 36 / 35 = $443). There should be some small increase in financing charges as well but frankly I couldn’t reconcile this final amount (about $540). Then I realized that the drive-offs that I paid were $3,587 (should have been $4,074), which means that about $487 of the up front fees were actually rolled into the 35 remaining payments as well. Phil was very transparent and showed that Volvo’s system kicked out all of the calculations. I felt comfortable with where we ended up, and didn’t think that any funny business was going on.

9 Likes

Good deal sir ----

Love the look of the R Design and the larger wheels make it pop. Beautiful car and even better deal!

Great deal, lovely vehicle.

Congrats! That is a very good deal.

This is more accurate, you omitted the sales tax from your calculator

1 Like

Check math on % of msrp. Not .38%
Great deal tho

1 Like

Thanks - fixed the typo. Should have been .68. Cheers.

Congrats! Looks like Volvo is clearing inventory in preparation for the 2020s? I should have waited a couple more months. All dealers in socal are already offering 10k off MSRP on their websites, before negotiations. And why’d they change the polestar badge to white? Blue looked better.

I was told there are tons of Chinese made XC60s stuck at the port in CA. Volvo had hard time shipping them across the country.

Great deal! I’ve been searching for a t6 r-design and stuck around about 10k in discounts offered everywhere around MD…12.5k seems really good as that’s about what I have been shooting for. And the car looks awesome with the 22s …Congrats!

1 Like

I flew to Atlanta last weekend and closed a deal at the same dealership. Saved a ton of money compared to my in state dealerships.

FYI they had a fully loaded 70K T6 R-Design that they could get the payments to $591 on. (12/36 first month payment and MSD’s) The wife much preferred the T6 mom or I would have got it myself.

3 Likes

Mind sharing the details of your deal? New thread would be great, but here is ok, too.

I was going to consider this if nothing panned out this week. But I was able to finally strike a deal locally. Actually waiting to sign here in a few min but here are the details:

MSRP $68,240
Discounted price $55,530
Rebates $2750
Final price $52,780
Acquisition fee $995
Processing fee $300
Registration fee $315

10/36 lease
$0 down
Monthly without MSDs $629.80

Finalizing the MSD details but should be $579 with 10 MSDs

This is Maryland which taxes 6% on whole price so take off almost $90 from the monthly without tax (so around $490 + tax).

I’m actually getting a lower monthly when running those numbers through the calculator so I think maybe theg marked up the money factor, but they got to the number we agreed on. Will post final details separately later on.

Edit: Final numbers posted here:

1 Like

OP… any chance you can PM me the worksheet? trying to get a similar deal matched locally.

Thanks to this forum I got and incredible deal.

XC90 T5 R-Design AWD
Advance package
Polestar package
Heated seats package
Protection Package Premier
Carbon Fiber Inlays
Metallic Paint

MSRP $65,075
$547/mo including taxes
36mo / 10k miles
7 payments made to Nissan on leased pathfinder.
See attached deal worksheet

3 Likes

Great deal. I wish I waited.

Also big thanks to this forum, really helped us get a great deal on our lease.

2019 Volco XC90 T6 Momentum AWD
Advance Package
Heated Rear Seats & Heated Steering Wheel
Metallic Paint
Luggage Cover
Protection Package
20" 5-Double Spoke Diamond Cut Wheels
Harman Kardon Premium Sound

MSRP $65,089
Selling Price $52,645
10 MSDs
$550/month (including tax)