Signed: 2019 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium (NY)

According to my local dealer the $3500 is a trade in bonus, this is not conquest. Basically You need to have a car registered under Your name that lease will expire in next 6 months.

I forget the exact details, but I believe it’s if you trade-in a car you own or are currently leasing, or you have a lease expiring soon or one that recently expired. In those cases you don’t need to trade it in, just show proof of lease expiration.

The dealer is trying to figure out if you need to have owned the car you’re trading in for a certain amount of time or not. From what I saw when searching online, it’s 30 days. The sales manager has never heard of that and is checking. Now that I know that I wish I’d never said anything, but if I’m going to buy a POS to trade in I want to make sure they’re going to give me the $3500.

He confirmed the other incentives I’ve found, and their discount is already below the BJ’s price (I think, based on what was reported here). I’m going to have him draw up the whole thing, try to get a little more dealer discount (the current one was with no negotiation), and then bring up the BJ’s code. There’s also a $500 state credit the dealer can apply for on my behalf, so I’m going to bring that up after too. I have a feeling they don’t even know about it.

I did not go that far with the trade in options. My friend has a lease that will expire in November. In NYS we have $1100 drive clean rebate for this car.

The dealer did just confirm the following language for the trade assist bonus:

“Customer must have Owned or Leased the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury/Competitive Car, Truck or SUV vehicle for a minimum of 30 days prior to the sale date of the new VIN”

That’s gonna make the deal a no-go for me. I think it still might be a decent deal with the other incentives, but I was only looking at this because I thought the numbers could approach no-brainer territory. I was looking at somewhere sub-$275/mo with $0 DAS and free charging at work, which is pretty damn good for a car with a decent list of options.

1 Like

Picked up the car on Saturday. Many thanks to @DKNYLI again. Also the delear have several in stock. i hope he can provide the same deal if anybody wants to jump on it.

1 Like

Outstanding! You’ll love it. if you check ego at the door (not a BMW or Benz) it’s a great car. Enjoy it.

Thanks again!!!

Hey Jass, nice deal and congrats. You guys should post pics.

2 Likes

Really not a bad car for the money . Fuel savings alone too. Nice deal dude

1 Like

All this thanks to @DKNYLI​:sunglasses::+1::+1::+1:

Check is in the mail @jassiek! lol In about 150 miles of driving the average MPG is hovering about 90mpg overall. During my commute to the train and back and normal local driving it will easily be in the 115mpg area running electric only. So the efficiency is most definitely there early on. I can tell you yesterday with temps about high 70’s in Freeport and a full charge I had 30 miles of EV range. That’s the highest I’ve seen. The previous week was all in the 20-24 range on a full charge.

I do take the advice of some articles I read and I will drive EV only locally and flip to auto or EV later if I really want to save the battery once I hit the parkways. I think leaving it always on Auto isn’t always the best from what I’ve seen. One more toy to play with to distract me from actually driving. lol Another side note, excellent stock stereo system.

1 Like

Thanks for all tips. I park at Bellmore station but we do not have chargers there yet. Hopefully in some short future they will install them.

1 Like

Did you purchase from the same dealer as DKNYLI? Same or similar deal he got?

Different dealer same deal
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Nobody wants to jump on it? Nobody wants that deal?
Got suprised.

3 Likes

It’s like a game to get back on battery and keep that mpg over 100 lol

1 Like

It’s an addiction. I had my Cmax energi at 206 mpg before I took it on a road trip where I had to use a couple of tankfuls of fuel. When I turned it in I was back at 175mpg. No oil changes during the 2 years of the lease (per the oil monitor).

1 Like

How badly is the trunk space compromised?