Signed: 2019 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium (NY)

2 Likes

Really not a bad car for the money . Fuel savings alone too. Nice deal dude

1 Like

All this thanks to @DKNYLI​:sunglasses::+1::+1::+1:

Check is in the mail @jassiek! lol In about 150 miles of driving the average MPG is hovering about 90mpg overall. During my commute to the train and back and normal local driving it will easily be in the 115mpg area running electric only. So the efficiency is most definitely there early on. I can tell you yesterday with temps about high 70’s in Freeport and a full charge I had 30 miles of EV range. That’s the highest I’ve seen. The previous week was all in the 20-24 range on a full charge.

I do take the advice of some articles I read and I will drive EV only locally and flip to auto or EV later if I really want to save the battery once I hit the parkways. I think leaving it always on Auto isn’t always the best from what I’ve seen. One more toy to play with to distract me from actually driving. lol Another side note, excellent stock stereo system.

1 Like

Thanks for all tips. I park at Bellmore station but we do not have chargers there yet. Hopefully in some short future they will install them.

1 Like

Did you purchase from the same dealer as DKNYLI? Same or similar deal he got?

Different dealer same deal
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Nobody wants to jump on it? Nobody wants that deal?
Got suprised.

3 Likes

It’s like a game to get back on battery and keep that mpg over 100 lol

1 Like

It’s an addiction. I had my Cmax energi at 206 mpg before I took it on a road trip where I had to use a couple of tankfuls of fuel. When I turned it in I was back at 175mpg. No oil changes during the 2 years of the lease (per the oil monitor).

1 Like

How badly is the trunk space compromised?

Pretty significantly. Put it this way if you need your trunk to store things and move things this is not the car for you. But you can fit a few small bags. Nothing more than that.

So how does it work with these cars if you live in a condo / town home and don’t have a driveway or garage? How do you charge the car while you’re home overnight?

Unless the apartment complex has chargers, either long extension cord or you dont purchase one of these. If it’s a plug-in hybrid and you get charging at work, then that would be a way around it, but still maybe not worth the effort.

1 Like

How so? This is a cheaper lease deal than the gas version. Even if you never charge it it will still have better mpg than the gas only version. If you have work charging then it’s a no brainer…most work charging is free. At this price you simply can’t lose.
Congrats to all that got this deal…solid!

2 Likes

The only thing Mark I would add is the trunk space could play into the decision making here. If you figure you get no opportunity to charge the thing, is the savings worth it to have basically no trunk? Maybe it is. For me I doubt it would be, but charging isn’t an issue in my situation so it’s working out great.

1 Like

True. It’s 16 ft3 for the gas to 8.2 ft3 for the plug. Make your luggage put on the seat belt because it will be riding in style!
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiqhf7v54rjAhUIsp4KHblnAkEQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cargurus.com%2FCars%2F2017-Ford-Fusion-Energi-Overview-c25782&psig=AOvVaw32w0C2XoiqZmBlp5Y4DmJ0&ust=1561764390945714

1 Like

Was the vehicle you bought a service loaner or one with miles? Trying to structure my deal.

No… Vehicle was new.