Monthly Payment: $ 267.44
Drive-Off Amount: $ 267.44
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: 0.00103
Residual: 14,452.24
Incentives: 750 which is baked into the negotiated price
Region: Maryland, 20854
Gross Cap Cost: 21,150.22 + 300 processing + 1,287.02 6% tax + 299 tags + 595 Acq = 23,631.24
Depreciation: 8,178.54
Rent Charge: 1,449.36
In MD, tax is charged on the full sales price of the car.

Leasehackr Score: 9.3
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

1 Like

Do you know which dealer? And who gave you this deal. Thanks

Hi everyone!

I picked up a 1.5T Sport earlier this month for a steal and the dealer has a lot more in stock >20

The deal was 268 with zero DAS - maybe he can replicate, but can definitely get within $10. He asked me not to publicly post his details but happy to provide in a private message so PM me for his details.

I think he is motivated for end of August sales quota

MD has full msrp sales tax too…crazy deal!

Just messaged

Is he going to do out of state deals?

Your selling price was legit INSANE. 20% off a brand new Accord is no joke.

All of these should be gone in a few days if they do.

I’d consider one just to have the guaranteed positive equity :rofl:

2 Likes

I am sure he would do DC and VA, but I am not sure about further out - Only one way to find out!

Blockquote

Yes, I could not believe it - I went to other dealers with this pricing so they could beat it (you know the ones that say we will beat any offer!) - they all said no way they will do that deal, no F’n way!

Chris - can you explain this concept to me? Do you just mean that you could buy it out and sell it at any time, make money and just get something else?

Yup. Get a quote from carvana, I’d guess you could flip it instantly for profit.

I wish I could do that - but being in MD and paying taxes on full sale price means I need to sell the car at about 25K to break even. This would work better in states that only make you pay taxes per payment.

Nice topic. I thought I would post this here.
If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.
I just got a quote for a Honda Accord 1.5 Sport 2019. I am considering leasing vs. buying, but I drive over 17k miles per year, so I am leaning on buying.
The dealer quoted me $290 (OTD, $0 drive off) for a 15K mile lease, as well as $330 for an 18k mile lease (OTD, $0 drive off). The other option is to buy the car for $25300 (OTD, all taxes and fees included). My only hesitation is whether I should wait for the 2020 model to come out, but not sure if I will get the same deals. There is probably some more room to negotiate too.

Do you have 25,300 to buy the car or would you finance? If you finance, what rate can you get?

Well, I could get 2.9% rate 37-48 months or 1.9% at 24-36 months, which is what is advertised on the honda national website. I have good credit. But I’ll probably pay it off much earlier, maybe in 1 years, 2 years at the latest. Question is…can I get this type of deal for a 2020 in a few months, or is this the best it will get, and might as well jump on the 2019? I really want to wait a few months for the 2020, but not sure if I will get this type of discount.

Also, I really think there is a little bit more room to negotiate with this dealership too. Although they, of course, are saying that they will not be able to offer me this deal on the 2020.

My guess is much lower discount on 2020 - it’s just supply & demand.

If you are willing to buy and the interest rate is comparable to the equivalent MF, then buy and you can avoid the 595 acquisition fee. Keep in mind you will lose out on the 750 lease discount incentive.

Sounds like you need to decide which car you want.

Thank you for the reply! If I knew that I can get a similar deal on the 2020, then I would just wait. How do I know if the interest rate is comparable to the equivalent MF? The only thing that complicates this is that I drive many miles, so I would have to pay a premium on the lease for more miles. If I get an 18k lease for $325 ($0 OTD), that’s probably a no lose situation, correct? The residual on an 18k miles lease is a little over 14k.
Or the other option is to negotiate the lease down to $285 for 15k miles ($0 OTD), and make sure that the mileage overage is $0.15 per mile on the contract. I can always pay for the miles later.