2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5 in Hawaii

Aloha all,

I was looking into getting a Honda Accord 1.5T Sport and here is what one dealer in Hawaii offered after some negotiating (we started at $320 a month with $2000 down):

2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T
MSRP: $27,110
Selling Price: $24,000
Monthly Payment: $240 (after taxes)
Cash Due at Signing: $2000

Months:36
Annual Mileage:12,000
MF: .00103 (from Edmunds, location specific)
Residual: 15,453 (57%)

Region: Honolulu, HI

LeaseHackr Calculator: 8.2

All the dealers claim the destination fees in Hawaii are higher, but not sure if that’s true. Also, I know it’s typically better to do $0 down for leases due to measly interest savings, but I’m not that concerned about $2000.

Overall, how would you guys rate this deal given the location? Good/bad/ok?

Mahalo!

1 Like

Are there a handful of dealers on your island? I’m actually curious how it works and if there’s any resl competition.

Or, is this the only option so they can ask whatever they want?

1 Like

Thanks for the response and good question. There are only two other Honda dealers on Oahu, but I went to the only one that works with the Costco Auto program (forgot to mention that).

1 Like

I’ll be honest
That deal sounds much better than I would have expected for Hawaii. But I know nothing about Hawaii.

In MA, these are 265 plus tax with only first payment due at signing. So this deal sounds really good for any market.

2 Likes

Before registering, I saw people post some really good deals:

$274 and $268 with $0 DAS.

My $2000 down equates to about $50/mo right? So that would make it like $290/mo? Also, tax here is only 4.712%…

Seems decent for the islands. Really captive market because you’ll never save enough on your average car to cover freighting it home from the mainland.

How much is shipping from LA? If it’s $1000 it would add about $30 per month but it’s a hassle of course. You can compare your deal accordingly. Probably it’s not worth it to ship a low Msrp car.

1 Like

You mean if I leased a car in LA and shipped it here? Yeah, it’s about $1000 to ship a car and probably not worth it… good idea to consider in the future if I move up in MSRP though! :smile:

Yeah that’s why i said on your average car. BMW dealers on the islands for example are generally out of their mind and while a 10% deal isn’t worth the shipping cost, a 15%+ deal would compared to invoice-max you’d get otherwise.

I don’t get it

Those posted deals are only about $1000 better than yours ( or less )

So when you factor in shipping it’s a good deal, no?

1 Like