Show Us Your Rental Car

One particularly brilliant interior feature of the RAV4 is a storage bin that’s too small to hold even a key.

Who climbs into a car and thinks, “You know, if I just had a place right in the center of the vehicle to put these three nickels…”?

4 Likes

Just drove a 2109 Chevy Impala one-way rental last week 1600 miles from Philly to Fort Lauderdale. Had booked a “luxury” class car from Dollar (Chrysler 300 or similar) but of course when got there to pickup the car they didn’t have any. Offered me a Chevy Equinox instead (haha). Ended up getting the Impala (“premium” class) with a V6 which really wasn’t that bad on the highway. Wish it had adaptive cruise though. Car was $500 for a one way rental for eight days (although they charged me for an additional driver that I have to call them tomorrow to get reversed). Not bad.

Rented this Camaro SS Convertible in Waikiki (Hertz) for a day last week ONLY $48 :trophy: Locked in price back in February for April rental… Insane deal and April was $500+ for the day (if you can even find one)

7 Likes

That looks soooo good.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

Yup-this was a FRESH AHI POKE from the local market-think was $20-$25/lb very tasty by the ocean :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

That sounds really good

1 Like

What’s the formula for rental car miles? 26k is a lot, 3 times seems about right outside of family haulers used for vacations.

I own a rav4 hybrid xle and love the car!

This was a 2019 SS so probably put in service late '18-not too many miles as they didn’t rent as well back then (Adrenaline Collection) 10K+ miles/year

For a while now, the worst rental car I’ve gotten had been a base model gmc terrain.

I got a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross today… it had stolen the crown from the terrain.

Man, what a piece of crap.

2 Likes

Terrain has a gutless engine.

1 Like

Sure, the terrain sucks… but this thing is a whole other level of pile of crap

1 Like

I’ve driven the terrain and it’s a POS, wow never tried a Mitsu Cross yet.

How do they survive with this lineup?

I have to imagine they’re taking the subprime mantle from kia

3 Likes

I would take a Mirage over a RAV4.

Isn’t that a description of every rental car ?

1 Like

Rental car sales and bad credit buyers, and if the bad credit buyers don’t qualify on new, they flip them to one of the retired rentals…lol

2 Likes

I don’t complain about Impalas, Fusions, Sentras, or any of dozens of other vehicles that rental companies stock that I would never want to drive full time.

Had an Encore recently, no complaints.

At the very bottom of the barrel, though, are the Mirage and the RAV4. Horrific automobiles.

2 Likes

I would rejoice if I had the opportunity to swap this eclipse cross out for a rav4.