Show Us Your Rental Car

Rentals from South Africa and Iceland
Dogs in trucks
Ram parked in EV car zone at Logan
2 of my favorite things

3 Likes

This guy wins

1 Like

I got one of these from Avis a few years ago. I get the strangest stuff when I do one-ways with them.

1 Like

Oh I just called it out because it was in electric vehicle only parking at Logan

However, it had NH plates so…

Live free or die baby

This week my neighbors rental car got keyed, all 4 tires slashed, mirrors broken, windshield and rear window smashed, wipers bent, and headlights/tail lights smashed. I think that’s it. Tow truck picked it up today.

1 Like

There are people who do that on purpose. I recall a somewhat viral pic a few years ago of a long bed double cab pickup parked lengthwise across all 3 EV charging spots of a supermarket or something

2 Likes

My Kia in St. Kitts when a hotel employee came in to park way too hot…

1 Like

Happens in PA, we have a gas chain Sheetz with lots of EV and Tesla superchargers. The lifted truck crowd like to intentionally park there, often because it’s premium parking/just being rude to EV drivers.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

I mean if we are worried about the environment, shouldn’t the ev’s park in the back and the gas guzzlers park in the front?

2 Likes

Depends on if the goal is to incentivize people to get into an ev or if the thought is that you’re saving emissions by driving to the front of the parking lot vs the back?

Shortly after landing in San Diego tonight, Lyft hooked me up.

https://i.imgur.com/RXXpi0q.jpg

3 Likes

Had a GLE350 last year that we drove 100 miles off-road outside of Sedona. Got it from Sixt from $480 for 7 days. Didn’t get charged for anything extra either. Dirt was falling out of every door jam when I turned it in.

9 Likes

Nissan Armada for the week.

Just an insanely bad car with zero redeeming qualities. I truly hope the product planners and engineers of this car are attacked by an armada and no mercy is shown.

6 Likes

I thought the Armada wasn’t too bad when you look at it on its own. Had an SL, was surprisingly quiet and comfortable, and not bad off road…was kinda like driving a sofa. It falls apart when you compare it to other things in the class.

2 Likes

@mattevan

Uff, you had to remind me of the miserable traffic on the approach to the GWB …

Had a 2020 Toyota 4 Runner down in Florida a few months ago . Had NY tags (prob someone drove it down there one way).

What a POS it was. Heavy, underpowered and just floated. Didn’t even bother to take a pic. Unremarkable vehicle.

Not having CarPlay on a 2020 is crazy. Hope Carlos G. spends life in jail.

1 Like

I’m shocked the instrument crate he fled Japan in could hold all his shame. #seppuku

2 Likes

Wait, that’s your biggest complaint?

No, but it’s emblematic of the cheap cut all costs approach that makes this car miserable.

The engine is pathetic, the tech a joke, and the materials horrible.

I reserved an intermediate SUV for a road trip and got a RAV4. I expected a popular SUV like that to be refined and easy to drive but it was awful. Engine was loud and rough. Acceleration was jumpy. Ride sucked. I was shocked Toyota would make such a product, and this was the latest model. After driving it off the lot and on the freeway I turned around, went back to the rental counter and asked nicely if I could exchange. They upgraded me to a Mazda CX-9. Best rental upgrade I’ve ever had

2 Likes