Show Us Your Rental Car

Got a free upgrade to an explorer from an intermediate car today. I’ve had the same before, and every time I sit down in it and go “this isn’t too bad”… and then about 5 minutes down the road think “what a pile of crap”. The base drivetrain on these are just so bad.

Still not mitsubishi bad, mind you.

1 Like

I was going to say…in what world is a Ford Exploder an “upgrade”? :joy::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Well it’s an uograde from the toyota corolla I paid for. If it wasnt for the miserable engine, itd be totally reasonable transportation.

Ha! Ok, beggars can’t be choosers. I’ll raise my hand to say that I’d take an explorer over most of the Corolla’s…particularly the ‘13-‘14 rental spec models :face_vomiting:. The latest iteration isn’t SO bad.

One rental that I had surprisingly really liked (and I’m not a GM fan) was the refreshed Tahoe. It isn’t the most attractive imo, from the outside, but I learned to love it after a week.

My “upgrade” options were a camry, accord, last gen sorento, equinox, explorer, or mitsubishi outlander sport.

The accord probably wouldnt have been a bad option. The outlander sport would have been begging for me to find a telephone pole.

2 Likes

Snapped a quick photo this morning. I’m still not happy with these pile so I haven’t even looked to see the model. :man_facepalming:

Also, I did see a couple of nice G37’s branded as Nissan.

2 Likes

1 Like

One thing I just thought of - do you have to return the Tesla with the same level of charge as when it was picked up? (As you would with gas with a traditional gas rental) If not, then that is an advantage in itself, because the renter did not “pay” for those miles used…in terms of fuel/power source.

I guess I never put this one up.

2021 Polestar 2 Perfornance Pack

5 Likes

I should clarify, this is our 5th Polestar rental thus far however this one has been with us long term (closing in on 3 months shortly) and through 2 multi-thousand mile road trips in the western half of the country.

What the car lacks in efficiency at highway speeds it certainly makes up for on surface roads with its intense regen and seamlessly blended braking in single pedal driving mode.

4 Likes

This was your coastal cruiser?

1 Like

Indeed it was!

Impressive. Any range anxiety, or did you just perfectly plan?

ABC. Always be charging.

1 Like

Recruiting dealers on West Coast? :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t you like to know? :slightly_smiling_face:

430i convertible for $296 over 4 days in IAD. Originally rented a 5 series, but this is all all they had. I wanted the Z4 in the background but we couldn’t get the luggage to fit.

Not sure what I was doing with these quick photos, most likely more interested about the detailed ones of all the damage I needed to add before driving off.

First time with sixt and would recommend.

4 Likes

Will see you in a Lambo in 3 2 1 :slight_smile:

IOW, ‘I can neither confirm nor deny’. Or the line form the OG House of Cards (best version) ’ You might very well think that but I couldn’t possibly comment’.

I feel that’s better suited to it’s own thread where we can move a few of the last posts from here as well.