Should there be a law against ADM?

I’m fine with an adm depending on the demand of the vehicle. If you have time to wait perhaps you can avoid it. But try getting a luxury car now without one on a model that has appreciated. It’s impossible unless you wait a few years…

And agreed that people buy houses with education, an entire industry exists that massively profits off that in mortgages, and govt is in bed with them allowing it. Shopping for a mortgage can mean the difference of 30-50k in interest over the life of the loan, absurd spread for a product that is mostly backed by Fannie and freddie, both government sponsored. Just business as usual though…

2 Likes

I’m with you on the fact government is way involved with consumerism. Also I have no problem with ADM, it is proof people are impatient and need to have the “hot thing” right now.

3 Likes

If you think that’s bad look at student loans. If I didn’t do what I did, I’d be looking at 300k of principal and then interest in the double digits on top of that.

1 Like

For the dealers, genuinely interested whether the current market has lead buyers to take out their frustrations in post sale surveys from the manufacturer or on Google, Yelp, and the like for having to buy at MSRP and/or with an ADM, with the Mop N’ Glow packages, etc.

Yes there are new people who go on Yelp after visiting a dealer who post 1 star reviews stating dealers are being greedy by charging over MSRP

I’ve done it. But only if they aren’t up-front about it. Like the dealer who had a Mach E listed on their website with “our price” at MSRP, but then wouldn’t honor that when I reached out. Or the Chevy dealer who played games with the numbers and wouldn’t show me the math that obviously contradicted the words coming out of his mouth (buy rate and 3% off somehow came to $80/mo more than it should have). But that’s what reviews are for, right?

1 Like

100% agree, I’ve recommended the same thing to people if they’ve asked me for feedback about similar situations. The problem is that some people have trouble separating the environment from the experience.

1 Like

The car manufacturers could control this if the dealer adds ADM the manufacturer could restrict the number of units going their way. If they cannot get cars they cannot ADM.

Some manufacturers already do this. Whether that stops the ADMs, that remains to be seen. Also it’s just numbers, it could still be profitable for a dealer to take an allocation hit to charge ADMs.

I like the people that say they will “remember the dealers” charging markups.

If you have the time to post about it then I’m sure your ass will run to the first dealer undercutting the second by $100 when the time comes. Oh the fickle consumer, no issues with corporations raping them, but when a private business charges market price they go on a crusade. If only they used that effort to realize their $400 yeezys are made by 8yr old slaves in Indonesia for $2.

9 Likes

Ah boomer coming in with the “what about the children in Africa” take. Should we be putting all of our money in Gold and Silver too?

I am just gonna leave this here…

^ what’s the context here that you need to add the screenshot?

Pulling out an excerpt from a broader conversation isn’t intellectual lol

3 Likes

I am considering dumping money into gold ETFs. (GLD) has actually slightly outperformed the S&P since 2004!

2 Likes

Ah you really think that insane rant needs further context?

I don’t get what’s so contentious about his point

He is stating his opinion- perhaps you may want to express your opinion

2 Likes

Well kellsar. Search my posts from last year saying to buy oil and other commodities. Compare that to your stocks. Pretty sure I win that one bud. But hold paper. See who’s ahead next year

Funny you think I’m a boomer. I’m 39…

5 Likes

Huh? There isn’t anything contentious about it. The man is absolutely off his rocker.

1 Like

Lol - he’s living a great life - I think he’s fine lol

3 Likes

I’m off my rocker bc I’ve been saying for 3 years here that inflation is coming, it isn’t transistory and it’s caused by the fed and money printing. lol. I’d call that being ahead of the curve. My portfolio reflects that too

Oh yeah and I called the top this year in tech while calling out my shorts.

4 Likes

Wife is a boomer, and I can’t leave the house until my top matches my shorts.

3 Likes