Should there be a law against ADM?

It is a pretty common sentiment right now the the dollar is going to get devalued and commodities are going to continue up(that includes gold/silver). Odds of US heading to a recession end of this year is increasing.

2 Likes

You should imho. Respectfully, those types of ā€œpeopleā€ are likely a decent percentage of your client base, frustrated with being taken advantage of by car dealerships in a normal market, outraged by the insane amount of greed demonstrated in the current market- those ā€œpeopleā€ could decide to do some research, find LH, and become loyal repeat customers of the LH dealers and brokers who took care of their clients during these crazy times.

My point is people wonā€™t pay more to dealer A in 2 years just because dealer B had markups then. In 2 years dealer B is $2000 off and dealer A is $1000 off they will go for the cheaper deal.

The dealer I used to get 10-12% off tundras/tacos are now charging a markup on a lot of models, and getting it. Iā€™m positive when/if things get better they will be the first ones back to those large discounts bc theyā€™re playing the business cycle perfectly.

2 Likes

While this could be true for your dealer, making it a blanket statement as if itā€™s applicable across the board is false.

Your from FL iirc, so hereā€™s an example that should make sense to you. Braman BMW is one of the worst when it comes to ADMā€™s in this market, whereas Holman is not selling over MSRP.

If/when the market returns to normal, I am positive Holman will net the majority of normal consumers the better deal. Braman might try to advertise a better discount, but my money says Holman nets the better OTD price.

1 Like

Iā€™m from Pa, arguably the region with the best deals. I would never buy a car in Florida although I now live here.

Itā€™s a blanket statement Iā€™m basing off experience though. Higher volume dealers need to mark up on these low supply times to stay profitable.

If I needed to sell 10k cars at 1000 profit

Now I only have 5k cars to sell. I need twice as much profit. Simple math.

1 Like

I actually said WTF and blindly followed one of your recommendations. Got out after making 65% in a month.

2 Likes

What did you buy?

All honesty I lose money on my picks all the time. But the stuff I truly believe in and have been pumping the last 2 years is up well over 100%

1 Like

UVXY and sold at the top

1 Like

Simple math for the ā€œhonestā€ dealer.

Advantageous times where the crooks are letting greed override simple math.

Letā€™s not forget MSRP is already markup for most of us. ADMā€™s are not a cookie cutter scenario. Sometimes itā€™s understandable, sometimes itā€™s obvious - Other times the crooks are being exposed and blacklisted by consumers understandably so.

I play that every Friday and usually hold until tuesdays. Lots of risk reward so def be careful on that and always set stop losses. Itā€™s not something you ever hold long term with its decay. I just picked up 10k shares today at 13.70!

2 Likes

Nice!I got a few at 14ish

1 Like

Youā€™re only a crook if you donā€™t disclose your adm. No one forces anyone to buy a brand new car. A simple phone call should be able to determine price. If they say come in to talk about price, stay away.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s more than one way to be a crook, believe me, the dishonest tactics Ive personally witnessed - previous/current market aside - is my own testament.

The point Iā€™d really like to make - you shouldnā€™t stereotype the disgruntled customer.

Iā€™ll leave it at that!

Instead of making a big fuss about, why is it so hard to politely decline buying from the dealer with crazy ADM or a different number when you go to sign, and then look for a dealer with more straight up attitude? There is a lot of ā€œpoor meā€ in current society

1 Like

If the number changes from what they say after you endure through hours of commute etc, then youā€™re wasting my time. In a perfect world that would only happen a few times before the rule of the jungle deterred them from doing it again!

But yes consumers should always get a firm out the door price signed before wasting anymore time at the dealership. Unfortunately most people donā€™t know how to handle the process and they lose to the psychological torture unscrupulous dealers use while youā€™re in the chair.

Agreed, It is not very hard to get an email with the out the door price so you have written proof when they try to change it

Got this ad and although its not on ADM, but on dealer add-ons being added without letting the consumer know that they can opt out of it = Auto Nation ā€“ Consumer Assistance Team

A lawsuit? Seriously? If that succeeds, then why not go after every dealer who has ā€œVIN ETCHā€ pre-printed on all their contracts?

The beauty of Americaā€™s legal system. You can sue but that doesnā€™t mean youā€™ll win, or it wonā€™t be dismissed.

Also SLAPP suits.

1 Like

They have in the past & won. Hereā€™s one with the Fuccillo guy -Syracuse: Fuccillo Automotive Group Lawsuit - Lemberg Law

1 Like