Should I lease a Tesla Model Y Long Range?

That’s interesting. Wonder if they will bring that to the US soon? I sold my Tacoma lease to vroom last week for 4400k positive equity. I realize that’s not possible with Tesla since you can’t buy.

Our other option is a x3 m40i but I think those depreciate pretty quickly right? Selling it before maturity for a profit wouldn’t really be possible I’m guesisng

If safety is that important to you, how did you pick a car that hasn’t been tested by the benchmark in US testing (IIHS)?

4 Likes

You still managed to waste my time so congratulations, you accomplished your goal. You can go to bed now.

The thing is that the teslas do tend to have a very high resale. Mix that with a lease with a lower RV and no way to purchase it at all, and you’re left with a lease that makes no sense.

Tesla has effectively killed the main benefits of leasing here… just buy the damn thing if you want it.

2 Likes

Because T E S L A.

Did you not get that suggesting selling is offensive to the OP as it doesn’t fall with his opinion. He wants an affirmation and we are all trolling him with our opinions.

NHTSA gave the model Y 5 star rating in every category. Is that not reliable? Is IIHS a better gauge for vehicle safety?

Hope I can help. Lease < Buy.
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

1 Like

Finance the car since you are dead set on it and then sell it after 3 years to take advantage of the excellent resale value. There is your Tesla lease. Even the MF will be lower, I know banks doing 1.75% and lower for Teslas and EVs.

4 Likes

As an exercise, go compare the jeep grand cherokee nhtsa rating vs the iihs rating.

4 Likes

Thank you! Finally someone who was willing and able to give valuable advice instead of trolling me because we want a Tesla.

This makes a lot of sense

2 Likes

I like DCU and they are doing sub 1.5% APR for EVs right now Auto Loans | DCU. I doubt Tesla has anything that will beat that rate right now.

1 Like

If you had searched

And

Also

Plus

If we don’t just focus on Model Y

Or

The answer is always the same: buy it if you want it, don’t lease it.

9 Likes

You mean the advice to buy it?! Wow.

Don’t ask any Tesla related lease questions, got it. They should add that to the forum rules.

1 Like

You’re still here?

Yes they should. Because getting basic information though Tesla people’s head is clearly too difficult.

1 Like

Ask one that hasn’t been answered, or recognize the fundamentals have not changed. It’s list price, the rent charge is usury, and you have to give the car back whether you like it or not. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Question answered. If/when you have a lease deal you want evaluated, or a specific leasing question, feel free to post that.

There are quite a few “down the road” things that naturally aren’t on the radar for first-time would-be parents, as you’re focused on preparing for the arrival of a newborn. So while you’re thinking about the right car and the right car seat (for an infant), you probably haven’t thought about how that infant seat will be outgrown in 10-12 months.

Then your child will have graduated to a larger seat but will still be RF (rear-facing). That’s the scenario that will make or break your choice of what car to buy. There are other critical factors which you probably haven’t even thought about, so check out the “car seat lady” blog for more input and maybe even schedule an in-person appointment (it might be the best infant safety money you ever spend. An expensive car and expensive child seat are useless without proper installation know-how).

12 Likes