“Should I buy out my lease?” super-thread

Can you elaborate? We are a family of 5 and don’t it. Also what is the current price/value of such car?
Check at least carvana and carmax online by entering the VIN what they would pay for it.

2 Likes

Maximize any equity you may have before turning it in.

TBH 27k + used car loan APR doesn’t sound very appealing when brand new Kia Sorento are mid 30 and Telluride/Palisade/Pilot are high 30s with lower APR, lower maintenance and much newer tech.

1 Like

For a couple of years we fit three kids in a C-Max Energi.

What prompted us to go minivan was wanting to be able to pick up nearby cousins too.

Grand parents visit us quite often so we need a 7 seater to fit all 6 of us.

Checked Carvana and Carmax, what they’re offering for this car is pretty much same as my lease buyout price.

Checked at a couple places and no equity unfortunately :frowning:

That doesn’t necessarily mean much. Their bids could fluctuate with their ability to buy, ie their stock price.

Check the whole list:

1 Like

Hello,
We are leasing a 2022 Acura MDX AWD Technology Package:

• Leased through American Honda Finance and we live in PA.
  • Residual Value: $ 35,280 on a 36-Month Term (Expires March 2024).
  • 10K/yr Mileage Limit (Current odometer at 25,100).
  • Current Payoff: $36,248.51.
  • KBB Trade-in Range: $35,768- 38,747; Private Party: $38,352- $41,557.

We are trying to decide if we should buyout the current lease or try to find another 3-row suv with a similar lease rate, which I know may not exist in today’s market.

Our monthly lease payment is $563.85. Both of us have excellent credit and would plan to do another 36-month, 10k/yr lease deal. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome!

I’d say there is no strong reason to keep holding unless everyone has options to lease a 7-seater is more expensive than a $30k used auto loan at an 8%+ rate.

It’s a very quiet period in the Marketplace and just not a good time to decide whether the latter route is better or worse.

Check in late Feb or late March depending on when your

have you tried speaking to acura/honda financial services to find out about lease extension? each captive has their own policy on this. i was in your position a couple years ago, and acura fs allowed me to extend up to 6 months twice (so totaling 12 months) at the same (rather very low, since lease was signed pre-covid) rate and mileage allowance, by simply calling and signing an extension agreement :slight_smile: i also had the right to just terminate the extension at any point without any fees/penalties.
i don’t know if their policy remains the same today, you could check.
this way you can wait a little more and have peace of mind, while interest rates are hopefully coming down a bit, and see if a better deal comes your way down the road :slight_smile:
best of luck!

1 Like

Not sure if these rates carry over into January, I’m sure some do.
Level of rebates depends on location

1st time leasing a vehicle

Mercedes GLB 250 2021 AWD
MSRP - ~49k ( parking assist, 3rd row etc)
PPM and lease care included as well.
Lease ending - 01/29/2024
Monthly payment (incl tax) - 405 (12k miles/year)
No MSDs and first month DAS. No Down payment.
Current Mileage - 20000 (way short of 36k allowed)
Residual Value - 29,343
Lease Purchase Quote - 32,200 ( Residual value + tax (I believe))
Online Quotes - ~29,000 - 30,000 - Should I compare this to Residual Value(no tax) or the Lease Purchase Quote?
I am pretty happy with the car. I have checked current leases which are way higher than this one. Checking if it makes sense to keep it vs get another lease or buy. Thank you.

I have a 2021 M340i that was delivered in April of 2021. Based on what I’ve read on these forums I got a “steal” back then. I’m currently paying 641/mo on a 12K lease. My original deal:

I was at the local dealer in Tenafly yesterday and they quoted me roughly 1K for a 2024 M340i with loyalty and 1K lease incentive. I rejected it immediately and then thought about just out and out buying my car off lease. I’ve got 20K miles and the resid is 37,800. Worst case I put minimal amounts down and finance it over three years and get a payment that’s roughly 1K. But what worries me is the warranty. The sales person quoted me about 3K for an extended warranty but that seems high. Dealer also said there is no equity in the car - i find that hard to believe because it has low mileage.

The car has been great - no issues whatsoever. I’ve kept up maintenance and it’s in great shape. Are people who got these “deals” from three years ago buying these cars out of their leases? Seems like it would be the wise thing to do.

Thoughts? Am I missing something? Aside from those who just want a new car every three years? That is generally me but I just can’t wrap my brain around a lease payment of 1K for any car let alone a M340i.

The programs were simply much better back then, the M340xi is a great car, if you are happy with it, buy it out, you’re probably in an equity position as it is, which is a great place to be when buying a car.

2 Likes

A combination of better rates, residuals, incentives and most importantly lower base MSRP.

Have you seen how spendy you can configure an M340i build now?

Buy it out.

Finance through the links in the first post. Search the bmw forums for best pricing and providers of extended warranty

Thank you.

Did you check EV GLB leases to compare?

Yes I did check the forum ( BENZORNOTHING). 471 +tax (= 519 in washignton) + Title and Reg and Max MSDs. This is the lowest I could see in that thread.

Do they come with free 2 year charging? If so, would that help you with your decision? If your car is accident and problem free you can finance and keep it for another 3 years.