Shopping 2019 Left over VW Atlas SE w/ Tech

Another perspective of this argument is that the increased number of dealers within a certain area can also increase the competition that these dealers have to make sales. This can end up being better for the consumer as they now have more of a chance of getting the car they want at a better price.

The need to be at a more competitive pricing level, which is part of the individual dealer culture you are commenting about, can change quite drastically when another dealer of the same brand opens 25-30 miles away from them.

Yes, based on the numbers he gave me according to the lease calculator on Leasehacker it’s within 60 cents of his quote. And?

He claimed that’s the only way his dusking software runs with the money factor. I’m calling bullshit.

This is just stating the obvious. Isn’t it? There are several VW dealerships within New England with 19’s on their lot.

If you don’t need a car then don’t buy it :slight_smile:

1. You can try to change how dealerships operate in the entire US.
  2. You can reach out to more VW dealers.
  3. You can change the target brand.
  4. You can complain about super hot German Suv prices.
1 Like

They want people to come back to the site for the old metric of site visits and clicks.

But check out this dealership for prices on 19 VWs
www.balisevolkswagenri.com

2 Likes

New England is a lot larger of an area than a couple of towns.

People travel 22 miles on average to get a car. If there are two dealerships close to that value, that will result in competition.

Gee Wilkers… we have Mr Obvious.

Newsflash Johnny, this is a forum. Forums have exchanges of information, banter, complaining, laughter and it’s all one big mess. Who cares. It’s banter. Join in, or… not. Free world and all.

They’re out of their minds. The 20’s are FWD, not AWD and they’re 2.0L not the V6.

Just occurred to me; maybe because there are so few V6 options at reasonable rates (in the SUV world) and everyone is going the way of the turbo 4 cylinder they’re holding out? Just spit balling here. One of the reasons I’m not getting another E Class is I hated the 4 cylinder. First world issues I know. But I cannot stand 4 cylinder vehicles anymore.

Its not that big. 5 hours and you can travel through CT, RI MA, NH and into Maine. 5 Hours will get you from Cleveland into Cinci, the same state. Perspective mate.

I was quoting a statistic.

I would say a 5 hour drive to get a better deal is a good idea without a doubt.

1 Like

Time = $. Dealer just told me that 2019 leases end this month. So I’m going to be patient and wait for someone to bleed a little more. Or…I move onto something different.

They’re not the only one(s).

1 Like

How far off is this from your target deal based on the current lease program info you got from Edmunds and a target pre-incentive discount you put together from researched deals? Is it higher than your target because of just the discount or is the mf marked up or are incentives being withheld?

I think the guy just wants 30% off. The target deal is probably a little off from what is the deal would be later this month when MY2019 lease support ends.

If OP wants a large SUV with a substantial discount before incentives, find an XC90 loaner or reach out to one of the well-known brokers on this site like @Bostoncarconcierge who may have a few in stock.

2 Likes

Both. With incentives and discounts they should sell that Atlas in mid 30’s. That would yield a payment I find acceptable.

I’m actually seeking about 16-17% with an unmarked up money factor. That would put me where I feel I would do the deal. We are actually pretty close…

What are you making this statement based on?

If they want to move it and it not be the same price (within a few bucks) of a 20. There needs to be a justifiable delta. There are more incentives on the 20. My aim is it’s the same product. Sure I’m tossing in opinion here, full transparency. But also years of buying experience.

If you are pretty close (which is an excellent deal on a NEW car without incentives regardless of MY), then either negotiate it or wait until the end of the month.

Have you found any information on other Atlas discounts?

1 Like