Shopping 2019 Left over VW Atlas SE w/ Tech

Gee Wilkers… we have Mr Obvious.

Newsflash Johnny, this is a forum. Forums have exchanges of information, banter, complaining, laughter and it’s all one big mess. Who cares. It’s banter. Join in, or… not. Free world and all.

They’re out of their minds. The 20’s are FWD, not AWD and they’re 2.0L not the V6.

Just occurred to me; maybe because there are so few V6 options at reasonable rates (in the SUV world) and everyone is going the way of the turbo 4 cylinder they’re holding out? Just spit balling here. One of the reasons I’m not getting another E Class is I hated the 4 cylinder. First world issues I know. But I cannot stand 4 cylinder vehicles anymore.

Its not that big. 5 hours and you can travel through CT, RI MA, NH and into Maine. 5 Hours will get you from Cleveland into Cinci, the same state. Perspective mate.

I was quoting a statistic.

I would say a 5 hour drive to get a better deal is a good idea without a doubt.

1 Like

Time = $. Dealer just told me that 2019 leases end this month. So I’m going to be patient and wait for someone to bleed a little more. Or…I move onto something different.

They’re not the only one(s).

1 Like

How far off is this from your target deal based on the current lease program info you got from Edmunds and a target pre-incentive discount you put together from researched deals? Is it higher than your target because of just the discount or is the mf marked up or are incentives being withheld?

I think the guy just wants 30% off. The target deal is probably a little off from what is the deal would be later this month when MY2019 lease support ends.

If OP wants a large SUV with a substantial discount before incentives, find an XC90 loaner or reach out to one of the well-known brokers on this site like @Bostoncarconcierge who may have a few in stock.

2 Likes

Both. With incentives and discounts they should sell that Atlas in mid 30’s. That would yield a payment I find acceptable.

I’m actually seeking about 16-17% with an unmarked up money factor. That would put me where I feel I would do the deal. We are actually pretty close…

What are you making this statement based on?

If they want to move it and it not be the same price (within a few bucks) of a 20. There needs to be a justifiable delta. There are more incentives on the 20. My aim is it’s the same product. Sure I’m tossing in opinion here, full transparency. But also years of buying experience.

If you are pretty close (which is an excellent deal on a NEW car without incentives regardless of MY), then either negotiate it or wait until the end of the month.

Have you found any information on other Atlas discounts?

1 Like

What I was hoping for was some sort of data driven answer. Something that said “well, 19s have been going for 15% pre-incentive. That plus the current incentives/lease programs give X”

Trying to go off intuition, particularly right now given how much the car market has been flipped in its head due to covid, is a shaky foundation.

The issue with better programs on the 20s vs the 19s is you’re asking the dealer to take a substantially bigger haircut on the vehicle to make up for the lease program delta and then further sweeten the deal.

1 Like

With respect, I know what you’re seeking however lets be really honest. Most of you, despite the ‘data’ have tossed out what you thought was BS offers and guess what happened… the dealer ACCEPTED. If you’re not, you’re not trying hard enough and frankly, leaving money on the table. Data will only take you so far. Knowing how to push in negations will take you farther. I know the market on cars right now… and from what I can tell, dealers have lulled themselves into thinking things are… ok. They are not. They’ve not felt enough ‘pressure’ the auto makers haven’t felt enough pain either. The market is about to experience a massive correction.

Cool. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

I think it’s been apparent since post #6 that this is the only response that’s been required on this thread.

3 Likes

I didn’t realize this was a circle jerk on the internet. I was seeking actual experiences on the Atlas. I should have framed the topic correctly to keep the arm chair buyers from tossing their .02 worth.

That having been said, to those of you who DM’d me your VW experiences, thank you. I’ll update shortly. I have 2 dealers who are saying ‘no no no’ but still engaging me. We shall see.

Sorry, only seeing one jerk in this thread.

I’m finding that when presented with actual offers, VW dealers who originally said ‘good luck’ are now saying ‘lets talk’…