Shopping 2019 Left over VW Atlas SE w/ Tech

Am I missing something or did somehow the most generic of German SUV become super hot? I have dealers quoting me 499/mo with 1800 total due. I’ll post the work sheet.

Ps; they’re claiming the “Service” Contract is the only place they can add the money factor of .00080…The discount is complete BS for a 2 model year old car. I’m shocked VW can lease it.

Are there any incentives in the discount? Easier if it’s broken out to see the true discount. Check edmunds for the MF, you’ll need to ask the dealer for a breakout.

The 50% RV doesn’t seem to be helping you any either on this

50% isn’t bad and the money factor is right, but they’re not discounting it enough. I’m not going to pay 2021 dollars for a 2019. They’ll need to blow it out for me to justify it.

If there is lease support, then you can lease a car. Manufacturers have been extending lease support for MY2019 cars because of the decreased overall car sales potentially leaving an already increased number of cars on the lot.

Discount looks very weak. Should be a lot higher than this. Also, check to see if you qualify for any rebates.

1 Like

I do. I think he should be discounting to low 30’s. Make the payment in mid 300s. It’s a 19. I don’t need a car, I have another car.

Looks like this person was having no luck with a 19’ as well

1 Like

Dealers sit there and freak out needing new sales… and yet… their inventory bloats (floor plan). This is why I think nearly 50% of the dealer network needs to die off. Their culture is absolute s**t. And it’s 50% on the automakers with their incentive games they play with the dealerships. You’d think after over 100 years selling cars automakers would understand ‘sales’. Might be time to move on for me.

Just had a dealer in RI tell me “Good luck” lol

2 Likes

The discount is not good at all for 19. You should also expand your search to a 20, to see what deals you can get, they should be really good, since 2021s are already on the lots.
Do a search on cargurus for the particular car your interested in and look for one that has been on the lot the longest. Since you don’t need a car right this moment, you have a lot time to find a great deal. Also as I am sure others have said VWs dont generally lease well.

Am I missing where you got the residual, MF, and incentives for both a 19 and 20 from Edmunds and ran them through the calculator?

1 Like

Had a friend in the same boat looking for an Alltrack. Ended up buying it with the intention of owning it for 5+ years due to the 6yr warranty on the 19s, low miles used per year, “zero percent” APR for 72 months, and projected decent resale value… will hopefully come out well ahead of doing two leases on these things.

1 Like

WTF is the $50 service contract in the quote? That’s $2k over term of the lease.
All this car would need are the 3 oil changes every 10k at about $100 per pop.

1 Like

Another perspective of this argument is that the increased number of dealers within a certain area can also increase the competition that these dealers have to make sales. This can end up being better for the consumer as they now have more of a chance of getting the car they want at a better price.

The need to be at a more competitive pricing level, which is part of the individual dealer culture you are commenting about, can change quite drastically when another dealer of the same brand opens 25-30 miles away from them.

Yes, based on the numbers he gave me according to the lease calculator on Leasehacker it’s within 60 cents of his quote. And?

He claimed that’s the only way his dusking software runs with the money factor. I’m calling bullshit.

This is just stating the obvious. Isn’t it? There are several VW dealerships within New England with 19’s on their lot.

If you don’t need a car then don’t buy it :slight_smile:

1. You can try to change how dealerships operate in the entire US.
  2. You can reach out to more VW dealers.
  3. You can change the target brand.
  4. You can complain about super hot German Suv prices.
1 Like

They want people to come back to the site for the old metric of site visits and clicks.

But check out this dealership for prices on 19 VWs
www.balisevolkswagenri.com

2 Likes

New England is a lot larger of an area than a couple of towns.

People travel 22 miles on average to get a car. If there are two dealerships close to that value, that will result in competition.