Sharing Terrible Experience - BMW loaner

After all the rave reviews I have seen on Shelly BMW, I figured I’ll give it a try. Waste of time!

Found a 45K MSRP 320i that was discounted 31% since it was a CPO loaner with 6K miles.

So factoring in 59% residual and all fees that matches what dealer showed me, calculated ~$370/month for 24/10K with $0 drive off.

First sales guy feeds me an MF of .00256. When I question it, no response. I feel like I had to question and guide every line item and then wait 10 min for a follow up.

After all of that they FINALLY succumb to the base numbers that are give a final offer of $410/month with $1670 down. What!?! Which by the way started at $500 as an estimate WITH money down.

I had enough and said no thank you. Get a call at end after I left of $385 offer but at that point I was done. AND no rear view camera???

Glad others had great experiences here (and hope you continue to) and I learned a ton from all but this was a complete waste of a day for me. Tried getting in touch with one of the key contributors but was unsuccessful so guess if you can’t get them for discussions, don’t bother.

Onto the next fam!

Did you work with the shelly bmw rep on here? Or was some random sales guy at the store?

This is why things are done over the phone and email and only going into the store to sign the papers and be done.

While this doesn’t sound like a good experience, if you aren’t talking to the right people and negotiate in person this will happen at any dealer

Duh… Didn’t do your work, went to the dealership to deal with a random CA… What did you expect?

1 Like

REar view camera was a miss, yea.

Was hoping to deal with the reps on here but couldn’t get in touch. I know they get swamped with all the requests here and after a while I didn’t want to risk losing a potential solid deal.

More lessons learned. Cest la vie!

At least I got more knowledge out of it - first time lease attempting so not everyone can be rookie of the year!

Then, maybe, you should take some responsibility for your “terrible” expirience?

2 Likes

Seal the deal over email, Other wise a entire day is wasted being talked to and ignored.

Thats the game wear you down so you sign just to get the hell out of there.

2 Likes

Your first mistake was to go in to the dealership. Once you set foot in there without pre-negotiation over the phone, they got you where they want you and will grind you and test your patience like no other. It’s best to get something in writing or over the phone before you come in.

4 Likes

“Just get them on the lot”

More and more Sounds like my mother.

4 Likes

I think we should hold the dealers accountable for wasting people’s time, not the other way around.

2 Likes

Agreed 100%. Sleazy dealers pulling this crap should be called out for it.

2 Likes

All dealers? Come on. We can (and should) call out only the ones that advertise here, sure. But also should point out if someone feels entitled for a hacker worthy deal by just walking into dealership unprepared.

1 Like

I mean when I walked into a dealer, seemingly unprepared I got a quote of 897 w/ 2000 upfront on a 2018 GX. They said it was a highly desirable vehicle

I told you how I recently got $895/mo with 2k down (I think, I didn’t even look at it) on a T6 V90CC LOANER by just stopping by at Owings Mills Volvo. And I only asked for their sale price and RV :grin:

1 Like

That dealer does advertise here.

CA advertises, not the dealershp nor all their sales people. And he didn’t go through that CA. I will get a stupid deal at my dealer if I work with a random CA.

Although I share your pain regarding BMW customer service…Thoughts on BMW and MB customer service and overall experience

Your first mistake was not working with someone on LH - period. Needless to remind everyone. No one is entitled to a deal. Some people get the better deal just because.

You sound like @vhooloo’s mother :grin:

1 Like

So only that one salesperson can be criticized? Sorry I find that “logic” absurd…

Just goes to show how shitty almost the entire industry is that people just accept this behavior.

1 Like