Sharing Terrible Experience - BMW loaner

By your logic it’s OK to shit all over @chevysalesgirl’s dealership on LH just because someone is pissed for not getting the same deal she posts here after working with a random salesperson there?

1 Like

If people get treated like shit after walking into a dealership, everyone deserves to know about it.

A shitty dealer does not get a pass just because there happens to one good salesperson there.

5 Likes

Sometimes I wonder how Shelly is still in business. Bunch of scam artists over there (15 years ago though)…

Never went back… rather pay $500 extra elsewhere just on principle.

But I do agree that working with CAs that post here would cut the BS negotiation out.

We are not here to review dealerships per se - they are all the same, more or less. But we are lucky to have a few salespeople here, even the ones who don’t offer best deals. And one day their GM may say “f@ck this LH, I don’t want this crap” and we lose the deals that are advertised by a great salesperson from an average dealership.

1 Like

There is some truth to this as well, normally very one sided but see arguments in favor of both positions

I had a dealer cold call me about a lease end promo, Said great looking for XXX. Never heard back
his cold call actually got me yet he never followed through.

Or my favorite is when you can not agree on a price and a week later they call and ask if your still interested.
Yes I am read the notes see my offer and call me back and say OK. I will get on that right now and get back to you…insert “Crickets”

I agree that the dealer shouldn’t get a free pass just because they have good salesman. People should be able to see both good and bad reviews from the dealer and it will be up to the customer to weigh in those factor and see if it’s even worth their time to venture there.

1 Like

Besides, the OP mentioned the salesperson on LH didn’t get back to him, so I really doubt he will single handedly redeem the rest of this dealership.

With that case we’ll all get locked into non negotiatable pricing and be overpaying for cars.

I agree on principle, but we are leasehackrs :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t want the model to change too much. I’d rather work with a good sales rep at an otherwise dumpster fire of a dealer if it means I get the deal I want.

Too much disruption and these hackr deals go the way of the dodo bird.

Just my $.02.

My brother bought a CPO ford, He noticed some noises few days later and took it to the ford that was local.
come to find out the person who signed off on the cpo lied the car had more then 2 damaged panels it had 7.
it was in a major wreck. Ford and Automation both said to bad.My brother best friend is a lawyer they
brought it to arbitration .In the end he lost as the judge said it buyer be ware. Pretty much saying CPO means nothing as well as the person who lied stating only 2 panels where damaged.
So now they have to sue the guy who signed the CPO, Then hope Automation
will then finally agree to take the car back and provide a refund.

There is dealerrater.com for this.

1 Like

How many people even know that website exists, let alone write reviews on it…

I personally always value the feedback posted here on dealerships because its from the perspective of savvy buyers who value the same things. One rep person may not make or break a dealership but it for sure influences whether I give them another shot at my business.

1 Like

You know about Google, dont you? It has reviews also, and they are shown when you google a dealership. Or yelp? Again, I don’t believe the purpose of LH is to review dealers. I admire the way @dukez handled his awful experince. No bitching or whining about being mistreated or that his F-type didn’t have a backup camera :grin:

2 Likes

We’re supposed to be a community here though. It’s a community help and inform each other about lease deals. And a part of getting a good lease deal is finding a good dealer. If you go by that logic then there’s no point in the marketplace we can just go to swapalease. I think the point is to inform each other of our experiences at a certain dealer whether it’s good or bad. Are we a dealership review site? No, but that doesn’t mean we can’t talk about the experiences we’ve had attempting to get leases.

Yeah, my issue is how we go about it. See above about kmdukez.

It would be a pretty major undertaking if we tried ranking dealerships nationwide. Plus, we’re bound to have so many mixed experiences with dealers that I’m not sure there will be much value in ranking them or reviewing them. It’s different for everyone, and every sales person is different. Just cause you get a great deal from one salesperson doesn’t mean someone else will be able to. Often times, these deals are one-offs and a salesperson can’t just duplicate them over and over.

But quite honestly, I’ve never had a good experience with a dealership anyway. Like… Ever. I can’t think of a single dealer that has treated me well or that I’d recommend. But I think that’s par for the course given what we do here. It wouldn’t be a lease hack if we weren’t pissing off everyone at the dealership on our way out the door.

And let’s be real – if there’s a steal to be had, we’d jump on it regardless of the dealer’s rep. If Shelly BMW (who I think has a fairly poor rep here) had a blowout deal on an M5, there isn’t a single person here who would walk away from it just because they aren’t fond of the dealer.

Anyway, those are my $0.02 since I was so eloquently summoned for my [understated] charismatic approach to, and most expert opinion on this topic

@Ursus

4 Likes

Well said. 2020202020

Sorry, I could not disagree more.

This is absolutely not par for the course. Lots of people have positive experience of hacked deals.

There is no excuse for treating a customer badly after freely engaging in commerce. No body was holding a gun to their heads.

1 Like

I mean, this is anecdotal so I can’t speak for everyone. But I think the dealership stigma exists for a reason. I wish that weren’t the case. I’d love to not have tempers flare everytime I work out a deal. But no dealer has ever happily ushered me to my newly leased vehicle.

I think the only folks here who have had good experiences have either:
A) worked with a dealer or broker on this site, or
B) were fortunate to work with a competent, decent salesperson

I’ve yet to do either of those things so I can’t speak to those experiences. I just know that I grind tooth and nail for every deal I sign for, and it never ends amicably.

1 Like