Setting a standard for Broker use of rebates in advertisements

Do it if you want. Just don’t post dealer names unless you want to burn that dealer for everyone else.

1 Like

I get the impression that this site is way too protective of brokers. They’re the most outspoken and seem to set the rules.

1 Like

I share my contacts all the time and I know that many LHackers bought cars from them. But I do it through PM. No one benefits from posting dealers’ info publicly.

4 Likes

Do you frequent other forums?

1 Like

Various brand/model specific forums.

I don’t participate much here. Half the people here seem to be brokers.

1 Like

Then go read brokers’ reviews and see if they add any value here

Do you notice something in those other forums that this site does not have…hint would be banners

4 Likes

Well I don’t use the quote, leasing, pricing parts much as I’m not in the market for a car often.

I don’t know what you’re referring to with banners.

I come here occasionally to look around and so many posts are from brokers. Nothing against brokers, but they’re just not normal run-of the mill consumers like me.

Because this site is crowdfounded and wait a minute, don’t we also (brokers/dealers) pay a very reasonable 60/month fee in exchange for doing business?

This forum has 0, zip, nada, no ads, it’s so rare people don’t even notice it.

Yeah because we are active, posting new deals, responding, and the other half of potential posts, transfers, advice, shared deals, etc. only comes from people proactive enough to read and figure out what the hell they are doing.

A lot do that, and as @Bostoncarconcierge said, many pay someone to rake their leaves for them.

1 Like

Are you looking in the marketplace?

I can tell you many of the brokers here offer more advice as we have insider knowledge. And after a few posts and frustration we recommend a local broker to assist.

There’s 66,788 registered users. There’s about 90 registered brokers. Not quite half. More like .13%

3 Likes

Fair enough.

I’m just talking from the general forum where everything is together. When you “latest”.

.13% of users but my point was about 50% of the posts.

We’re an active bunch.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with you the site has gotten crazy active since covid hit and wfh became the norm. I personally enjoy helping others and regularly share details with brands outside what I offer. I invite people too use me as a source for questions and expectations…I hope everyone gets a crazy deal and those that want advice want to do it on there own. I’m the same way I never use a broker I enjoy the hunt almost more than the vehicle…but I have clients that say they hate the dealer experience and want to avoid dealers at all costs.

1 Like

All is good. All I ask is this site not to turn into

R/askcarsales

1 Like

tenor

1 Like

Back to the original point. Brokers/dealers who post calculator links and detailed breakdown of included incentives either in the post or calculator (via memo), deserve recognition. It allows a user to tweak the numbers/terms to personal preference without guessing what the numbers could be.

Some brokers/dealers just post generic numbers without calculator links and you’re left scratching your head figuring out why the advertised deal is different then the detailed breakdown (due to errors usually).

4 Likes

Sounds like a lot of back and forth to protect some bmw dealers(or whatever euro brand or whatever broker), if they were Toyota or Chevy nobody would be getting all wound up because it would be easy to get the car whored out. If you have the time, try making your own deal, if not, try a broker. Brokers have there place, but like any other business, some them suck(just like dealers!), viewer discretion advised

4 Likes