S90 T8 Deal Closed

Yes, but like I said - 3k is for VIP a-plan. So it is 9k.

I don’t know what that means (VIP) but it is a screen shot of my account from our company. Do I have to buy the excellence to get it or something?

It looks like “theoretically” I would have 12K + 5.1K in rebates on a T8. Between that, a discount on MSRP, and the 1500 rebate, I could get in the mid 4’s for a monthly with just drive off’s and max MSD in the 77K range for this vehicle.

Just want to make sure I am not crazy before I look research any further.

Thanks @Ursus

VIP is for Volvo employees, I think. You will get 3k a-plan + 6k Volvo cash + 5k Volvo

These swings in discount on the T8 are interesting. Then went from having 3k A plan to removing it and now having the possibility of 6k from A plan.

Although still expensive, it brings the car into buying range for sure.

1 Like

My bad - 20k is on XC90 T8 Excellence.

SoCal

Not sure what I will get back as far as an accurate answer from a dealership, but never hurts to ask, so I did. I am guessing you are right though. There is always fine print, and in this case, I can’t even find that. The extra 3K would put that T8 into a very good deal category.

Here is the lease quote from the local dealer on the T8 inscription. They are saying only $5500 in rebates, not $6000. Also, not sure how they are accounting for the 5002 credit , but it looks like it is outside of the deal quoted, and would come back as a credit at tax time?

Either way this would be a lot of work to get in the “great deal” range.

77,190.00 MSRP

12,193.00 Savings

64,997.00 Sale Price

36 Months

10k Miles per Year

2,100.41 3,500.00 4,500.00 Total out of pocket

5,002.00 5,002.00 5002.00 State Rebate

884.21 842.10 812.03 Including Tax

0R

7,500.00 Miles per Year

869.21 827.10 797.03 Including taxes

If Volvo shows 6k for your zip ($6,750 in NE), it is 6k. Show it to them. $5,200 credit is passed to you and should be applied to the lease. And I suggest just getting the sales price before any incentives, don’t ask for the lease payment. Then you can bring them to the correct payments based on valid incentives.
Should be $612/mo with 10 MSDs + tax, fees, etc on 24/7.5 (6,000+3,000 a-plan+5,200 and 6% off a-plan)
$584/mo on 36/7.5 same as above

Thanks @Ursus.

I emailed this dealer only to get clarification on what the “VIP” 3K addition was. I could not get a straight answer out of her on this, which tells me, I do not qualify. She was, however, willing to provide the ridiculous quote.

If I decide to go unicorn hunting, or my first deal falls through, I will look up the T8.

A-Plan VIP is rare (and includes non-Volvo employees) and the Elite or VIP amount is $3,000, not $6,000.

The $5,002 is a rebate towards your drive-off (including MSDs), which represents the pass through of the Federal tax credit.

You get $1,500 from CA if as a single person your gross income is <$150,000. If married, it needs to be <$300,000.

@Jesuscookies - that chart you posted is screwed up. Base MSRP does not equal Base A-Plan. Base A-Plan is invoice (the way they show it, not including advertising).

You’ll likely get around $500 from PG&E or whatever utility you’re using.

Don’t mislead. It is for Volvo USA employees and their family members.

Wrong, again. It is non-cash lease credit and shown on line 6b of the lease contract.

The chart came straight from the Volvo A-Plan site when I logged in and created the account.

I never did get a straight answer from the salesperson on who qualifies for the magical elusive “VIP” status, but willing to bet @Ursus explanation is closest to the truth.

My explanation comes straight from the horse’s mouth :slightly_smiling_face:
BTW, @KD6-3.7 - check out T5/T6 a-plan price. It’s exactly 6% off, so you can put to bed freight and advertising a-plan “adjustments”.

1 Like

I don’t doubt you, was hoping to hear it from a salesperson, but realize that was a lesson in futility. :blush:

Yeah, it’s always better to hear from a dealer than from strangers. But sometimes they are clueless, including GMs.

@Ursus

A-Plan VIP is rare (and includes non-Volvo employees) and the Elite or VIP amount is $3,000, not $6,000.

Don’t mislead. It is for Volvo USA employees and their family members.

Saying it’s rare is “misleading?” Most employee deals I’ve seen are the 1 year leases and we just act in a courtesy delivery fashion. An A-Plan VIP PIN can be gifted by Volvo Cars employees and retirees- I’ve had a few of those. How about you? Or employees or family members with VIP PINs?

@Ursus

The $5,002 is a rebate towards your drive-off (including MSDs), which represents the pass through of the Federal tax credit.

Wrong, again. It is non-cash lease credit and shown on line 6b of the lease contract.

Yes- non-cash lease credit on line 6b along with rebates. Please illuminate us on the difference functionally between “non-cash lease credit” and rebate.
@Ursus
BTW, @KD6-3.7 - check out T5/T6 a-plan price. It’s exactly 6% off, so you can put to bed freight and advertising a-plan “adjustments”.

Wrong. Please refer to attached image of invoice including $500 advertising and $10 for Alex’s Foundation donation. A-Plan base price is the same as the invoice. Have you looked at your invoices? Please illuminate us on how the base A-Plan price is “exactly 6%.”

Yeah this advertisement and freight charge he keeps talking about is adding too much complexity. The A plan website lists the expect price, the end.

2 Likes

@Jesuscookies - I don’t doubt you, was hoping to hear it from a salesperson, but realize that was a lesson in futility. :blush:

Name the employer that qualifies you for A-Plan and I can tell you if it’s Elite or VIP. Or Ursus can. Maybe.