Rumor: US EV credit to increase to $10,000

That doesn’t mean that wasn’t part of the building up production.

Not entirely true, by comparison to any other auto manufacturer, they have the least amount of production facilities and capacity so at some point they’ll have to build plants that can export.

Also, any business would more likely to build production facilities closer to where the demand is. Thus they’ll build where there is pent up demand or overhyped consumers for it’s products.

China fits both these criteria so I don’t think they’re exporting more than selling in China is necessarily a bad thing.

1 Like

from the cost perspective it makes zero sense to send something to Europe if you have a customer around the corner. But we’ll see how long they can keep up the shell game of pretending that there is more interest in their cars than there actually is.

I know he is or was recently in Germany sucking up to their government, but I have a feeling that he already learned that there is a lot of US tolerated shit didn’t fly in China, and it won’t be easy to ignore government in Germany either.

Not if European customer is paying the cost of import.

Tesla is building a factory there so I would say business as usual lol

The Groupon effect. Once you’ve seen what’s possible, you never pay full price.

1 Like

I can’t believe we are still discussing lack of demand theories in 2021 when there are multiple month delivery waits and Tesla is building multiple new factories.

1 Like

The taxpayers are building their factories. And their multi-month delivery waits are from supply shortage as they can’t take any more things out of the car and still ship them. If you haven’t noticed a lot of cars can’t be had right now without waiting, doesn’t mean there is strong demand for them.

If you haven’t noticed a lot of cars can’t be had right now without waiting, doesn’t mean there is strong demand for them.

Huh? Isn’t this the literal definition of demand?

you can have a demand for 1 car, which if it doesn’t have components to be built can go on forever. (exaggerated numbers obviously). Does it mean that there is a demand?

As a society, we seem to chase the lagging indicators.

I’m positive on incentives for EV charging infrastructure, I don’t think we need EV purchase credits, and yet EVs and charging aren’t useful without :battery: storage. From a BofA/ML report yesterday:

Approaching a “sold out” situation for EV batteries

BofA recently launched a new proprietary indicator that tracks the electric vehicle (EV) battery revenues of 26 major value chain names from around the world. Joon-Ho Lee expects this will provide visibility into the revenue growth for the next quarter with a correlation of 0.87 since 1Q 2017. The current reading shows continuation of the uptrend which started early last year, suggesting accelerating revenues in coming quarters. Our updated EV battery supply-demand model suggests the global EV battery industry will likely reach a “sold-out” situation around 2025. We forecast the global operating rates of EV battery will likely rise to about 121% by 2030, implying another round of capex in the next few years.

It’s the end of a very long and annoying work for me and I admit I may not be processing information quickly right now, but I’m having hard time following what does that show? That demand for EV batteries increasing? Or that somehow translates into demand for Tesla specifically over other EVs?

EV production will outpace current/in-progress/planned battery production capacity in 4 years

Not for nothing, but we know. It leaked into your last 2-dozen posts :crazy_face:

1 Like

That makes sense.

As much as I’m trying to find a flaw in that statement it seems very fair :slight_smile:

The trend of increasing deliveries was well before the pandemic. Tesla May have shortages, but these shortages are occurring at record production rates

I’ve seen nothing indicating lack of demand since the TSLAQ people were sending drones up a few years back. Tesla continues to increase production, and yet large inventories aren’t building up. We all know what happened to those TSLA shorts.

1 Like

You agree with Musk on that point as he continues to say publicly Tesla will take all the cells his suppliers can deliver in addition to whatever Tesla can end up producing.

But we were talking about “demand shell game by Tesla” and the predicted supply issues only underline the point that Tesla demand continues to increase.

I’m not part of TSLAQ brainiacs nor am I talking about stock (I have no position in TSLA nor was I ever shorting it so we are on the same page). I’m just looking at trends that don’t make any sense to me. Looking at trailing data the demand is not there continuously and it’s bothering me where these cars are going. The certain lack of transparency is annoying as well. It’s a purely “make it make sense” puzzle for me, nothing else.

But I really don’t want to turn this into another tesla clusterf)(*k of a thread.

Sorry, didn’t mean to imply that you were. Brought them up just because if there was a demand issue I’m sure we’d be hearing from those types.

1 Like

agreed.

however, i think the proposed version of the EV purchase credits are more of “carrot on stick” for both manufacturers to lower entry level EV prices & for customers to adapt EVs.

3 Likes

I don’t think they can afford internet anymore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

iguess no updates from Biden?