Rumor: US EV credit to increase to $10,000

Good for those who frequent the track.

1 Like

I guess you could run with any shoes on the track, but RFTs? :face_vomiting:

Obviously the fully-protected Finance tire replacement plan is $10k for performance tires.

All these warranties are a Vegas buffet: one or two people will out-eat their contribution, most won’t.

2 Likes

Up until now I had no use for the recapping machine I got for Christmas a couple of years ago

3 Likes

Car and driver maintenance has to be taken with a giant grain of salt.

I have driven for 15 years in Boston, NY and DC. Never needed a new windshield. C&D seems to replace the windshield on the majority of the cars in long term fleet. No idea what’s wrong with Michigan roads. Not like the roads in new england are Autobahn smooth.

4 Likes

I discount the windshield part, but there are other regular maintenance costs.

1 Like

but now all the cheap a$$ like me will not buy if theres talk about free money. Ill wait and see where the dust settles, fat rebate ill go electric… none ill get a better ICE car lol.

Wow… I am in the camp dealers are bad and just add cost to the system; and the tesla / Saturn model will win out. Hence I am willing to pay for a broker to interface with them. Excluding cars over a certain amount is prob a good idea!

That’s certainly one mindset. But eventually the laws will win out. Just like when CA instituted their own emissions standard, manufacturers for a while kept building two separate emissions systems, and eventually said F it, and went with a single one as more states followed CA. Same thing will eventually happen here, states will phase out ICE car sales, and manfucaturers just won’t build ICE cars if their biggest markets won’t buy them. There is really no need for free money for this to work.

1 Like

Very true, but being an a$$, i only care about me right now, Ill deal with 2030 or when ever the new ICE ban comes to California later… maybe the Tesla Roadster might be ready by then LOL

You don’t think tesla also does that?

1 Like

They just don’t want to admit that when people find out they are dealing with a C&D writer they start throwing rocks at them :slight_smile:

1 Like

The federal government “sends a $7,500 check”?

4 Likes

Wealthy Americans that make over $100K a year. Maybe Elon didn’t get the memo, he didn’t lobby against this?

I don’t think he is on a list of favorite people in politics right now.

1 Like

is it really a check??

i bet you tesla decreases the price of the my by $1k

1 Like

Wrong.

The 3 SR+ does NOT qualify unless the list price was reduced to $38,799 because of that hidden $1,200 destination/doc.

2 Likes

He doesn’t need to. Tesla vehicles have not been eligible for the credit for years now due to the 200k unit limitation & they don’t have problems selling cars.

If anything this helps Tesla if the 200k unit limitation is removed & they can make base Model 3 eligible by lowering MSRP.

1 Like

That’s why they are exporting more out of China than selling there. The theory that they don’t have problem selling cars doesn’t seem to hold water in many cases. It seems the pattern is this, move into a territory, sell to pent up, overhyped consumers, run out of steam, move to the next location.