Which EV qualifies for 12,500?

Does anybody know which EV other than Chevy bolt qualifies for the full 12,500? Tax credit on the upcoming infrastructure bill? seems like Mach E does not qualify since its made in Mexico.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

As of right now, nothing since the build back better act hasn’t passed.

11 Likes

You have an extra zero in the title. Got my hope up for a second…

1 Like

crap, sorry, fixed it, thanks for pointing it out!

The F-150 Lightning would qualify since the thing would get built in Michigan right? I imagine at least some CDJR EVs would also get built in the US.

Not all F150 Lightening trims will make it under the current MSRP cap.

Lucid & Rivian are both made in the US, but not with union labor (will also have MSRP cap problems).

1 Like

And it looks unlikely to pass with the enhanced tax credit.

Whatever is eligible will be listed here:

https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

3 Likes

With all the negotiations still ongoing it’s almost pointless to speculate since the components of the new EV credit have been a moving target and could continue to change (i.e. income caps, MSRP caps, etc). And now there’s renewed discussion on the union-made bonus amounts so the bill could change further assuming it ever even passes.

I’m not holding my breath for any increased tax credits, for the near future, anyway.

1 Like

If the Feds just lifted the 200k cap/phase-out and replaced it with $5k (or $5625, which is the first phase-out tier for an EV) for those brands, people would smile and take it.

But we won’t know until we know.

2 Likes

Soooo, which vehicles qualify for the $12,500? :rofl:

None. Zero. Zilch.

1 Like

just kidding jk GIF

As written, I believe the Bolt would (if they weren’t on stop sale), although I don’t know where its battery cells are manufactured.

I was being sarcastic with the question on the $12.5 credit lol- it is really anyone’s guess at this point.

I was going to say, I thought the Bolt excluded from the tax credits entirely.

It is excluded from the current tax credits.

It isn’t from the BBB act credits, as it is currently written.

The batteries are made i

n the US. Yes it will be eligible for the entire amount, if the BBAct passes as is and Bolt’s production restarts.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.