Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

Same. A colleague tried getting a cheap Odyssey deal from Rodo and it was “no longer available.”

I’m a pretty big supporter of Rodo, but even I’ve had 2 recent instances where the Rodo dealer was unwilling to honor the pricing they had advertised on the website.

1 Like

Love the idea in theory and was happy to share deals that seemed untouchable

But it was a waste of time for these two clients and then they just get harassed by Rodo support

It’s really just a bait and switch a good portion of the time

If it’s those trucks you found they both where real I contacted the dealer they wouldn’t do a deal to NY. Had a rep ask the GM and GM called and said they were both gone.

Then Rodo should not advertise these deals in NY, no? So these “deals” were bait and switch.

Not in NY, they were a little outside Boston. If you contact RODO they encourage you to use other zip codes and they will negotiate on your behalf. I figured out the dealer and contacted them directly.

So 2 people from NY tried to get Rodo deals from a Boston dealer? Not sure how that changes what I said above?

What you said above is not valid. I’m not sure who Mike had lined up but showed me the RODO deal. I contacted them to see if somone in NY could search by region. They said sure just change zip and we will verify dealer will work with you. I’m sure dealer side them to bait and switch but I circumvented RODO and confirmed the trucks and GM said no way to NY based on registration delays.

What does it have to do with Rodo reviews then? Rodo screwed Mike’s clients, period. Who cares why?

Confirms the deals and trucks were real. To my knowledge was not a client of Mikes but him throwing a bone to LH members seeking a crazy deal…he can confirm.

Does not confirm Rodo deals were real since they did not honor them. Only confirms that the dealer might have had these trucks.
Rodo relies on dealers, obviously. But it’s their responsibility to advertise real deals that would be honored by dealers.

There plenty of confirmations above of people closing deals. As with all industries there will be outliers that advertise to get you in. In fact CDJR is built around this model. RODO can’t be all bait an switch they would be exposed quickly. I spoke with several reps who chase vehicles and will not move forward unless deal is confirmed on both ends. If your iffy on the process live chat with a rep who will work with you.

I was talking about deals in Mike’s post that you replied to, nothing else. Obviously Rodo also delivers.

Ohhh your confused Mike didn’t post these deals, he was offering it up to people looking to hit up RODO.

I know, didn’t confuse. Sorry, my prev post was confusing

Just sold one to Rodo. Doesn’t seem like a “Sold one to Rodo” page exists. Overall, the process was good and they easily beat their competitors. Definitely using them again in the future.

2015 Mercedes S550 (paid off) Located in CA.
Rodo: $41,000
Carvana: $39,500
Vroom: $38,000
Shift: $37,100

Process with Rodo:
Oct 8: received price from trade manager Elgin. Was told the price was good as long as the condition of the car was as promised. They requested 4 photos (1 from each side).
Oct 12: accepted their offer, signed and emailed the Bill of Sale contract.
Oct 15: The dealer who had purchased the vehicle came and picked up the car
Oct 16 and 17: Due to BOA transfer limits, two transfers were made. Funds cleared immediately.
Oct 19: mailed them the title via UPS

I was a little hesitant at first since they’re less known (especially on the west coast) and given some of the reviews on this site. However, as far as selling to them, I think they nailed it. They gave the best offer and were fully transparent during the process. Elgin and his assistant Imari kept me in the loop and answered my calls/emails after work (even with a 3 hour time difference). Even though my vehicle wasn’t a current lease, I think the process would not differ much given how quickly they transferred funds.

As a side note, I did get an offer for another vehicle (2018 Dodge Durango RT) and Rodo once again gave the best offer. Definitely think it’s worth considering them if you’re looking to sell. Just my 2 cents.

Also, thanks @z0lt3c for your post up top. Had you not written about your experience, I wouldn’t have known about Rodo.

3 Likes

Signed a great deal through Rodo. Car was finally delivered today. Details here:

I also verified another car I was looking at was legit with legit price of $362p/m Sign and go Q50 Sport (50k msrp).

I would give the new lease part of the house 9 out of 10. 1 point taken off for the car being a demo (dealer also advertised it as new on his website, so I assume that’s dealer’s fault, not Rodo). But more importantly for inability to negotiate anything after that fact was discovered, not even the service plan discount.

I’ll sure be back, and hopefully they will have more dealers onboard to pick from by then. I think Rodo is a great concept and they could bring a lot into lease industry (for consumers). Mattress shopping style at TheBestOrNothing dealerships is really annoying.

My contact was Nadia (I guess I misspell it), and she was a pleasure to work with.

1 Like

Big question is WHY are you a big supporter after 2 fails? That’s pretty much a write off for me

2 Likes

They are still very young startup. they have limited personnel and they are fighting uphill battle to get more and more dealers on board. there are some terrible dealers out there who should be selling mattresses, not luxury cars.

Rodo offers a marketplace, and dealers enter the information. I dont think Rodo, as of today, has tools and capacity to double check every number.

once you Submit an order, dealer confirms availability within 24 hours. obviously some of the cars could be sold by that time / in process on the ground. there could be mistakes as well.

but it is still a very good concept, I wish them best of luck as they could offer a lot to leasing community. their deals are already better than random client walking into a dealership to get bullied with the starting offer.

Marketplace startups require enough sellers and enough buyers to rock. Rodo will get there.

They’ve been offering their service for multiple years now, first as Honcker, now as Rodo. A deal slipping through the cracks here or there is one thing, but these bait and switch issues are rampant. If a dealer keeps listing their deals and they’re not honoring them, they should no longer be allowed on Rodo. If Rodo continues to allow them to list, despite being made aware of these issues, they are complicit in the behavior. How many years does a business have to be around before it’s no longer acceptable to not honor what they’re offering?