Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

Same, I just tried and got a printout from KBB

I just sold my 2020 Jeep Gladiator to Rodo. At first they offered KBB, but I was contacted by the Rodo trade manager, shortly thereafter, and showed him the Carvana appraisal, and a few hours later he got back to me at $100 higher then Carvana. Vehicle is scheduled for pickup Monday but everything has gone smoothly so far.

I would strongly suggest direct communication after the offer is made, in my case they came up over $6K from the first offer. Also they are accepting my car in it’s modified condition, which Carvana would not, as long as I provide the stock parts. From what I can tell, Rodo has an agreement with a local dealer to take the car and is just acting as a pass thru.

1 Like

The Rodo trade manager came to pickup my Jeep Gladiator today. He provided me a check on the spot for my positive equity and then drove off in the vehicle with not very much additional documentation. It took about 10 minutes. I will report back to confirm that the check clears, and that they follow through with a payoff to FCA. No hiccups yet.

EDIT #1: Equity check cleared with 24 hours of my mobile deposit.

EDIT #2: Rodo sent expected paperwork via email the next day after pickup.

EDIT #3: Confirmed with FCA that payoff was received as of 9/16, however my account is still in a pending-close state for some unknown reason.

EDIT #4: As of 10/8 FCA has finally converted my account to closed status and issues a payment for my security deposit and overpayment. It took FCA 22 days to get this done.

I can finally report that this transaction went 100% as stated by Rodo.

5 Likes

This is good news that we might have another option to sell cars other than Carvana and Vroom.

I gave Rodo another shot. Not surprisingly, it was a bait and switch, and they did not honor the deal they offered me.

Did you have to allow a credit check?

Any more details so others (myself :slight_smile: ) can learn what to do/what not to do?

No, deal fell apart before that. Also it was a BMW and I applied through BMWFS directly so I could shop across dealers.

I ordered a loaded BMW X3 M Comp, and the car they tried to give me was a Base with no options.

I just leased a Honda Odyssey EX-L 10k/36 months from Rodo. Experience was really good! I shopped around first going from dealer to dealer and kept getting the low inventory run around, the lowest quote I got was about $472 1st DAS, lost patience and ended up going with rodo for $425 1st DAS.

Selected a vehicle on Sunday, Sept 6.
Monday a rep called and confirmed the vehicle.
Tuesday there was some issue with paperwork but in the end the vehicle was ready for delivery.
I asked for Thursday delivery, vehicle arrived on schedule, same as selected. Contract was for same as in the app. All in all they were very responsive and easy to work with. Would definitely recommend if the price is right.

3 Likes

Why do they not have the ability to sort by price?? :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Just finished a deal with RODO and couldn’t be any more pleased with how the entire process was handled and the great deal I received.

2020 Honda Pilot Touring
10K/39 months
$412 a month
plus Chicago Taxes at $37

From start to finish everything was handled professionally and the numerous interactions with Mike S. were relaxed and friendly.

Being skeptical about the deal after reading experiences from this post I called and asked that before i moved forward giving them any information I wanted confirmation of the deal and that the car was available. Within an hour I had an answer from Mike S. with the VIN to confirm the deal. The rest of the process was as easy as it will ever be for any car deal. Fill out a credit application online and send a photo of your license.

With proof of insurance the day prior my car was delivered to me on the following Wednesday (of my own choosing) and with a few standard signatures it was done.

Although I understand the issues that people have had with the service I can’t say enough about it and will look to use it in the future. They need to market themselves better because what they offer is hard to find anyplace else online.

2 Likes

“Good afternoon, the dealership had priced this car wrong by accident. Your order has been cancelled and your credit has not been run.”

3 Likes

That one I kind of get. Certainly too good to be true. Of course, any dealer at any time could say “oh that was a mistake” and male the app [more] useless.

1 Like

I mean it makes the skeptical customers more skeptical and drives them away

1 Like

And the crazy part is the above message I posted with the picture came from a personal number… not even thru the app or email… how i know its a personal number… iMessage :joy:

Businesses can use iMessage.

Actually, the worst part about that exchange, IMHO, is no apology or even niceness about it. Just a very matter of fact “It is cancelled, go cry in your coffee.”

2 Likes

This seems like a bait and switch scheme.

I have sent two members to RODO for deals which seemed impossible on the Dodge Ram. Both cases, car or deal didnt exist.