Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

it is coming but I guess the lease price will be ridiculous

Rodo offer? :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

My friend just received equity check from them. Noone couldn’t match their number.
Everything went as promised. It was leased 2020 Honda CRV. NYC . Great experience.

1 Like

Sold a lease to Rodo.

Shipping process was a bit painful but the reps were very responsive and I received a payoff check within a few days.

4 Likes

Just sold leased Kona EV to Rodo. Great via email communication through entire process.
Carmax offered $1 k more but i couldn’t convince SM at Carmax to buy it. HMF is still on no buy list.

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sold one to CarMax

I tried it with my Tahoe and it returned 2 reasonable/low instant offers and a high carfax estimate.

Sold my leased BMW X1 2020 to Rodo for $2.5k over payoff when no one in the market was even willing to match the payoff. Process was pretty seamless over email. Spent a couple days going back and forth sending pictures and finalizing the deal. Once the documents were signed car was picked next day. Received paycheck in about a week after pickup. BTW Leasehackr did offer me $1k over payoff but decided to go with RODO.

1 Like

Rodo now offering price matching…

1 Like

I could have just pasted the link, but this is more fun. :slight_smile:

Terms & Conditions

To maintain eligibility for the Rodo Price Match Guarantee program (“Price Match Guarantee” or “PMG”), you must accept (1) the Rodo Terms of Use, and (2) these Price Match Guarantee Additional Terms of Service (“ Additional Terms ”).

Please read each of these documents carefully. Together, these documents are known as the “Terms”.

1. Eligibility

Price Match Guarantee is a product of Rodo, Inc. and is only available to users based in the U.S. who are 18 years or older. To be eligible for Rodo’s Price Match Guarantee, the following requirements apply:

• Rodo’s Price Match Guarantee program is offered to customers who have purchased and taken possession of a vehicle entirely through Rodo and, within seven days of taking delivery of their vehicle or before the end of that calendar month, whichever comes first, have found a lower offer on the non-incentivized selling price (exclusive of rebates, incentives and taxes and fees) on an identical vehicle.

• Subject to the following terms contained within this document, the customer would then be eligible for a payout equal to the difference between their vehicle’s non-incentivized selling price on Rodo and the lower non-incentivized selling price at a competing dealership (“Payout”).

• Customer must have purchased a brand-new vehicle exclusively and completely through Rodo.com. This includes having completed all steps within the Rodo order flow, including uploading all necessary documents (which include but may not be limited to driver’s license, credit application, co-signer / guarantor information if applicable) including a completed lease or finance agreement signed by the customer, and either pickup or delivery through the Rodo concierge. Partial or abandoned Rodo orders will not be considered.

• The order must have commenced and been delivered within a singular rebate and incentives period for both OEM (manufacturer) and lender.

• The competing dealership cannot be one which currently displays their inventory on the Rodo marketplace. For example, you cannot leverage the Price Match Guarantee against another vehicle you found, and/or which is currently shown, on the Rodo marketplace.

• Requests for price matching must be exclusive between the consumer and the competing dealership. Mediators and third parties (e.g. brokers) are excluded from the Price Match Guarantee.

• Your request for price matching (PMG) must coincide with this same OEM (manufacturer) incentive period.

• The competing dealership cannot have lowered their prices during the 7-day window. For example, if you took delivery of the vehicle from Rodo on a Monday and the competing dealership lowers the price on Tuesday, then the Price Match Guarantee does not apply. However, if the competing dealership’s pricing had been unchanged since before the day you took delivery of your vehicle from Rodo, then the Price Match Guarantee is able to be considered.

• All discounts and incentives are required to have remained stable and unchanged during the 7 day window (or end of the calendar month, whichever comes first) from the date your vehicle was delivered.

• The submission of your PMG claim must occur within the 7 days from the date your vehicle was delivered.

• The competing dealership must be located in the same state as, and no more than 150 miles from, the dealership from which your vehicle was purchased.

• The competing vehicle must have an identical MSRP to the vehicle which you purchased. The color, options, and equipment must also be identical.

• The competing vehicle must be a new, never-titled vehicle with equivalent starting mileage (within 50 miles of purchased vehicle’s odometer reading, not to exceed 200 total miles on the odometer of the competing vehicle). The competing vehicle must also not have been a previously-RDR’ed (Retail Delivery Reported) unit, a service loaner, demo, or fleet vehicle.

• The price-matched vehicle’s pricing structure must be clearly detailed in a legal lease or finance contract from the competing dealership (i.e.; VIN, MSRP, dealer discount, incentives/rebates, taxes, and fees are all clearly detailed). “Clearly detailed” means that the lease or finance contract must have all required fields populated including but not limited to the date of quote as well as the name of the selling dealership and VIN of the applicable vehicle, the non-incentivized selling price, taxes/fees and all rebates and incentives as separate line items.

• In addition to the legal lease or finance contract, the customer must also obtain written proof of credit approval from the price-matching dealership. This written proof of credit approval must clearly outline the date and time of approval as well as approving bank, term, and rate.

• Eligibility for PMG excludes employees and immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) of franchise car dealerships.

• Any after sale products must be identical to the purchase order of the vehicle bought on Rodo.

• Rodo reserves the right to contact the competing dealership and/or lender to verify the integrity of the price match claim.

• Consumers are eligible for one price match guarantee per calendar year, and at a minimum of $5 and maximum of $1,000 per transaction.

2. Payouts

To receive a Payout, you must accept Rodo’s terms of use and have an active Rodo account with a U.S. address that is in good standing.

You will not be eligible for a Payout if you do not have a Rodo profile, and/or have not purchased a vehicle completely through Rodo as outlined above.

All Payouts will be issued via check up to 12 weeks from the date of Rodo’s approval of your price match guarantee submission.

3. Communication and submission

The user should submit their price match guarantee request to Rodo’s concierge team via info@rodo.com or by calling 1-877-322-RODO.

4. Additional Terms

Rodo’s Price Match Guarantee has no cash value.

Rodo reserves the right to exclude your account(s) from eligibility for Price Match Guarantee if we detect or suspect abusive or fraudulent behavior. Rodo also may make changes to, suspend, or stop providing the Price Match Guarantee service at any time, including after you have purchased and taken delivery of your vehicle.

Offer cannot be combined with other Rodo offers.

Rodo reserves the right to request additional documentation to assist in verification of customer’s Price Match Guarantee eligibility.

In the event of inconsistency or conflict between any terms in this document and any other written or verbal explanation of the program, these terms and conditions take precedence.

Rodo may also, at its own discretion, make changes to these Additional Terms at any time as set forth in the Rodo Terms of Use.

All that fine print… and it’s capped at $1000. Pointless program.

My parents are a matter of weeks away from getting a new Grand Cherokee, which they intend to buy/lease from my brother, who still runs Sales for the dealership that my dad sold to a competitor when he retired.

The reprobate in me was trying to think how I could game this guarantee, but it’s not even worth the effort when we theoretically have control over some of the variables.

1 Like

Another proof for smooth process of selling leased Honda Civic with manual transmission to RODO. Noone could touch $8,1k equity.

Good to hear. How long did it take from when you reached out to RODO until someone got back to you? I am looking to sell my lease and exploring all options. Thanks!

I would say couple of hour if the quote was done during business hours.

Ok thank you. I reached out to them over the weekend and haven’t heard anything yet. I might be on their to-do list.

1 Like

Rodo is known for advertising non-existing lease deals. I sold them a car 2022 and that was a painless experience unlike their ads.

1 Like

Just sold my Nissan Lease to Rodo. It was a pretty painless process. Took about 3 weeks total for everything to clear.

1 Like

Anyone belives in miracles?

Lol so how much under MMR do you think the AI will automatically subtract from every offer?