Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

They’ll make a job offer at 20% over market rate with extra vacation days and then never answer your emails when you accept.

7 Likes

I got great deals on an '18 Audi Q5 and '18 VW Atlas from Honcker. I tried Rodo a few months ago and was 86’d on every purchase. They eventually called me and tried to get me to agree to inflated pricing, then said they’d call back and ghosted.

Sold a financed car to them. They were the highest bidder. Took about 10 days for them to arrange the pick up after I reminded them couple of times. They sent me a check 4-5 days after their carrier picked up my car and a week for them to pay the bank.

Overall I was happy with the process. Their reviews look horrible for brokering a purchase but selling a car was easy.

4 Likes

sold my Ford explorer lease to RODO on 10/1 received my equity check about 2 weeks later as explained by Larry at RODO . Was told payment was made to FMC and everything was great. I come to find out 2 weeks later that FMC never received payment took me another week to get someone from RODO to respond to me. They explained they had an issue with their FMC affiliate and the payment was delayed, and it would be clear on 11/11. 11/11 came and went now it’s another week later and No solid answer from RODO. Ford is trying to locate the vehicle and I’m stuck in the middle. Any advice for next steps. Not looking to kill my credit or have a lawsuit on my hands.

Is this a lease or a purchase that they bought?

1 Like

It was a lease buy out

They cannot buy out your lease - only the originating ford store can, IIRC.

@DNA_Auto_Wholesale1, @AutoNinjas can you confirm?

2 Likes

I know the complications and they assured me they have dealers that do the transactions

I’m pretty sure Ford will only let the store that leased you the car pay it off.

That’s how it used to be when I sold - I’ve always assumed it’s still the same process. I could be wrong, hence the ask.

Thanks!! Yea I just either need the thing paid off or a way to get it back. FMC is stating they need the affiliate name that it was returned to.

As far as I know - the way Ford payoffs work is the dealer ultimately paying off the car has to get permission from the originating Ford dealer.

If they don’t get permission, they’re kinda SOL. And whomever that originating dealer is can charge whatever they want for them to process the payoff on behalf of the new dealer.

My best advice would be to get the car back and turn it in (or come to an agreement with the originating dealer to buy it back). RoDo presumably should let you keep the equity for the trouble.

Another reminder to not do business with these clowns. Their reputation on here is awful.

8 Likes

This maybe why the equity changed midway through they said they need 1,000.00 additional for processing fee…

1 Like

Anyone sold to Rodo lately? Seems like the consensus is don’t do business with them?

The consensus didn’t change.
They are a middleman with no leverage and are beholden to whatever the dealership wants to do.

2 Likes

did anyone lately get GLC300 from RODO?
They have a kind of great offer - almost a 9% discount on a new unit. No single dealer I called is even remotely close to it.

$850/mo for a glc300? :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

Who cares what the discount is when the payment is absurd?

850 is disgusting considered the news are coming out real soon. These should be given away for free to us LH’ers

1 Like

Especially when it’s Rodo so it probably isnt real anyway