Returning BMW lease

Where is this post?

Not a jeep
What else?

@gamyrjay What did you end up deciding?

Still deciding lol any thoughts? recommendations?

I couldn’t decide what to do either, so in April I bought out my lease to give me more time to obsess, research, and second guess myself for even longer than the 36 months the lease already afforded me. :smiley:

To me, it was the most rational thing to do, considering that there is nothing suitable in the market at our near:

• The same total 36-month lease cost as last time;
  • The lease buyout price if I chose to purchase something instead.

We all have different value drivers, so I don’t know if that logic squares with your outlook or not.

My concern is the maintenance in buying out the lease. Will need new tires, brakes, oil changes, etc. Finding someone to buy it is a hassle too.

Is it the f30 or g20 ? What year

That is probably why

All of the luxury cars that are worth leasing right now are on that list.

We’ve been here before.

A wrangler is not a luxury car.

1 Like

And as i said before, that list contains all of the luxury cars that are a good lease value currently and then one option of something that is leasing well.

It is another way of saying “no luxury cars are leasing well right now.”

1 Like

Unfortunately, right now none of your choices is optimal.

Even if you turn the car in you’re going to have to buy tires (if you’re below the 4/32 guideline). And isn’t your routine maintenance included for 4 years/50k, so another year? Regardless, oil changes aren’t that expensive. :slight_smile:

As much as I was looking forward to turning in my 2019 BMW and getting something new, I know that buying mine out was the right decision… if for no other reason than it let me take my time to decide what to do next.

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t see this til now. It’s a 2019 G20 M-sport.

What list? Can you direct me to this list? Thanks

The list has no vehicles on it.

2 Likes

My two cents on all these “buy out the lease, hold it for 12 months and then sell it” may not work out how people think. I am in the same situation with my BMW lease expiring in 6 months. My fear is that after this car price craziness subsides (in 12 months or whatever), you will not be able to ‘sell’ that car you purchased for anything approaching what you paid for it. As a trade-in you will get trashed (and likely a bad trashing since I expect car values to drop). And you will have a car w/o a warranty (brands other than BMW where the warranty expires in 36 months). You will be out thousands on that purchase/trade-in so maybe, just maybe, its worth leasing again now (albeit at higher prices. You may come out ahead in the end (you will spend more than on the current lease but not lose as much by buying/selling/trading your current vehicle). Besides having a new car with new warranty and latest technology.

2 Likes

Which luxury cars are the best value/terms to lease now, relatively?

Let me answer you more directly. NONE. Any luxury car right now has no rebates, no incentives, most likely ADM and will be the roughly 2-3% range. 3% x 36 = 108% over 3 years…get it?

Most cars are BUY BUY. The only dealer giving any real discounts is Chrysler. So do you want a 4xE, a Jeep Grand Cherokee L, or a Pacifica? I heard Nissan is giving some incredible 18m deals, but only on the Leaf, Frontier, or Murano.

Does that help?

1 Like

Sorry for the misunderstanding, out of all the luxury cars, which one has the BEST deals, relatively? I understand that luxury cars are HIGH now, but which luxury cars have the best MF, Residual, etc, relatively?
For example, which could you get a better deal? a BMW vs an Audi, as a better deal, relatively?