Register Car to PO Box or UPS store?

I’m trying lease a Nissan Murano in Florida and my zip code has low incentives while just an hour and a half south has incentives that make it 100-150 a month cheaper. Is it possible to open a PO Box or ups store box and register the car in that zip code, then change it?

That sounds like fraud to me

8 Likes

A dealer suggested it but it sounded fishy to me, I don’t know if the state would even accept a PO Box as a car registration address

If a dealer told you that…what else are they trying to hide? I’d look elsewhere. Second, I cant see how a Murano with a payment difference of $150 within a zip code. Maybe insurance but never heard of that being for payment.

1 Like

Agreed. A $3600 swing in just incentives between Jacksonville and Orlando, or Orlando to Miami, seems unlikely to me. Why don’t you get the residual/MF/incentives from Edmunds from both?

That is AWESOME.

How are you going to assign your insurance to a PO Box or UPS store? This sounds like a real good way to lose money and get sued for fraud. I like it!

6 Likes

Waiting outside the courtroom:

• “Why are you here?” “I allegedly did 100 straw deals at a buy-here pay-here lot. You?”
  • “I wanted to save on my Murano lease.”
10 Likes

Not a good idea however I also want to see a hilarious article online about 100s of Floridians registering their cars to a UPS store so yes.

10 Likes

That’s kind of pushing it even for Florida. Although Medford, Oregon is the OOS sales tax free depot for Californian RVs

If Mani is Kool really had it together he would also offer fake Florida PO Boxes for his deals :grinning:

I didn’t believe it but check edmunds for zip 32904 and then zip 33101 in Miami

I don’t know what model you are shopping and what other incentives you qualify for but I see an extra $1700 lease cash which is ~$47+rent savings on a 36 month lease.

I would pay an extra $50/mo if the car wouldn’t allow me to drive into Miami and avoid that traffic.

The Miami Nissan incentive has to first be converted from Pesos to Dollars :grinning:

2 Likes

I just imagined a repo truck driving up to a UPS store looking for a Nissan Murano.

10 Likes

Murano S and it’s a 24 month lease so roughly $70 a month, I think there was also some other extra incentive. I’m not planning on doing this I’d rather just get another car. I’ve always leased with Nissan when I lived in NYC and still have 2 Nissan leases that are ending soon, but Nissan’s incentives by zip code strategy is screwing me, I’ll have to look at other options.

what’s your deal like? I’m in Broward county and currently at $270/mo all-in with $470 DAS ($199 fee and 1st) for a 24/12k term.

Numbers have been all over the place from different dealers and even brokers but Brevard County is around $379 with $1000 DAS and South Florida is $259 with $1200 DAS.

I would gladly take that.

1 Like

There’s $1700 and another $750 so 2450 total for 24 months, about 100 a month difference.

Isn’t land in most of Florida pretty much valueless at this point? Just buy a quarter acre of inaccessible swampland in the county with the best incentives and register the car to it!

2 Likes

Isn’t the Space Coast usually aligned with the Orlando market for incentives?