Real or Fake? Part 2

I get so many interesting things sent to me, maybe I should make this post more often.

Part 1 was here in case you missed it:

We have an M850i Quote, customer asked us to beat it. Colorado dealer, shopping CA against his local dealer… :thinking:

(I made the lines through dealer, sp/manager/his name and email. But it looks edited before I sent…? Yeah I know you can lookup stock/vin.)

Let the games begin!!

2 Likes

“Seems like a great deal - you should take it!” (To both)

On that first with that much info, you almost want to call the manager and ask…

10 Likes

The first one, more believable, takes a little bit more effort to forge a lease worksheet - and they want you to beat it.

The second one is 100% BS. I can change fonts and make some random numbers up too. Also, who gets a unicorn deal then asks someone to match it? If it’s a unicorn, I don’t care if the salesman is Satan himself.

4 Likes

Almost tempted to snag the deal from your customer if it were real

the car is sooooo sexy
116,245 / (781*12) = 12.4 leasehackr score…85k for an M850? I wish, those are M4 numbers at best.

I would take this deal in a heartbeat if it was real. and 25% off on that X5…what world are these people living on?

1 Like

I do see a few X5 40i loaners in the high 40s for sale so the deal is possible.

1 Like

We have one Broker with a m4 cs, requires loyalty matching that easily.

Someone just got a unicorn X5 deal. I think payment was in the $400s and with minimal downpayment. I think it was a 2019 loaner with about 25% off.

Yes I guarantee that was an LH member who emailed the request in based on the one deal they saw here.

6 Likes

This is fun. I like these threads.

Some people are the worst. I bet they read these threads as well. You know who you are…

2 Likes

People suck.

1 Like

I love when they forward the email from another dealer and say to match it but forget to change the font of the edit that they made. C’mon people! Make it believable.

Then when you tell them it’s a great deal and they should take it, they say, “but I want to give you the business because I like you”. Bruh, you spoke to me once on the phone to give me this BS number…

8 Likes

What they think it looks like: :unicorn::unicorn::unicorn::unicorn::unicorn:

What it actually looks like:

16 Likes

And tint! Don’t forget the tint.

We’ve had more than enough people tell us they have an “offer” they want us to beat and the “offer” is a link to the LH calculator.

3 Likes

Why don’t you just beat it? I don’t understand. It HAS to be real, right? I mean, it’s on the internet! No one can lie on the internet. It’s like a law.

Plus, they’re doing YOU a favor by giving YOU the business!

4 Likes

Oh BOO HOO for the dealers.

Let’s be honest, you create this environment and then complain about it?

With all of the tricky claims in advertising, like zero down, but that is NOT zero DAS and lease this car for $99/month etc. it is no wonder people try to low ball you.

Most, if not everyone here probably got burnt at one time buying or leasing a car and now they are trying to educate themselves so they can fare a little better next time. I’m not talking about the experts, but the lurkers and “newbies”.

Just look at all of the “bad” deals posted, here. It is a testament to how dealers operate. I know, I know not all dealers do that, well most do and the rep is well deserved.

Sorry if this isn’t the popular view here, but I am sure many feel the same way. Without transparency there will never be trust on either side.

If this is your profession, why talk about customers like this? If you don’t want the deal, just pass. Part of doing business.

4 Likes

It is the law. Abraham Lincoln signed the bill.

1 Like

What are you on about? OP is free to share his experiences with unreasonable customers if he so wishes.

5 Likes

I get what you’re saying - dealers can be scumbags, but so can consumers. There’s a way to negotiate a good price or even a unicorn, lying or being unreasonable is not the way to go about it.

As far as dealers taking people for rides - there is a right way and a wrong way. Lying about incentives to disguise them as discounts is one of them. But if you’re in the business of selling cars and you have uneducated buyers willing to pay more than what experienced consumers pay - more power to the dealer! You can’t expect EVERY deal to be a mini for the salesman.

I have a coworker paying 900 bucks for a x5 40i - she even put money down. I think the dealer did a good job making money. She got burned because she didn’t do her due diligence.

2 Likes

Did you send one of these?!

The difference between the advertising that dealers do and this is that the dealers follow the letter of the law. Are those screamer ads arguably shady and misleading and impossible to actually get most of the time? Yep. But it is legal and they are allowed to do it - there is no gray area. Dealers are fined if they screw up and don’t honor it.

Manipulating an offer of sale to be different in order to get a dealer to agree to ones numbers pushes into a moral gray area that I just don’t have an appetite for.

6 Likes

And on that note, this site is amazing because you can literally go to @Cody_Carter, @Jrouleau426, @nextlevelautobrokers, @Bostoncarconcierge, @legendsauto, @chevysalesgirl, @mani_is_kool, @nyclife, @NurseAl - and get amazing deals without any work involved! (Sorry I couldn’t mention more brokers or dealers - only limits to 10)

I would have personally sent my friend to @BMW_Dave - but let’s be honest, if she walked in to any dealer willing to pay 900 for a base X5, they’d be stupid not to oblige!

7 Likes