Reaching out to dealerships

A couple of questions:

1. When were those shared deals signed?
  2. What was the MSRP of those cars?
  3. What was the pre-incentive discount?
  4. Were there any incentives applied to the shared deals?
  5. Where are you located?

:point_up_2::point_up_2:What they said.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply and I totally agree. I have actually constructed the deal by myself, including all the incentives, MF, RV, etc. If I’m able to get 10 percent off MRSP as the selling price, together with the leasing cash + incentives, with a non markup money factor, I should be able to get a similar deal. But this is far from what the dealers have advertised and they won’t include all the details such as money factor in their calculator. Thus I’m wondering, should I propose everything to them, or just tell them the DAS and monthly payment? I have actually checked a lot of posts on this topic but I’m getting mixed answers.

I agree, but since there isn’t a lot of dealers in my area and the risk with submitting a very aggressive offer is that they will reject doing business with me and in the end i may not have any choice

Here are some helpful links:

:point_up_2::point_up_2: Lots of good advice here.

What is this target based off of?

Let’s not conflate topics here… there’s strategy for how you make your offer and then there’s making a reasonable offer. No strategy for making an offer is going to push an unreasonable offer through.

1 Like

Probably based on this signed deal since OP had commented.

They’re not going to not sell you a car if you agree on a “mutual” numbers even if you had submitted aggressive offers early as long as you’re civil about it.

An advertised “special” is designed to make the dealership, salesperson, and sales manager, a very nice paycheck…they aren’t designed to give you a good deal. Dealers aren’t “blowing” out 2021’s to “make room” this year. Even in normal years this concept gets greatly exaggerated.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I think there are some quality posts that suggest different things:

Basically, they’d suggest giving more than DAS and monthly payment, including incentives(this one will be included anyway), best selling price, MF, etc.

What is this target based off of?

It’s a BMW 330 xi and the in the market place the selling price is around 8 percent off the MSRP, while in the share deals section some LHers can get it lower to 9.5% to 10%

For example, this is my purposed deal:

But on their website, the quote is:

Do you think it is fine to send them an email saying I’m looking for a 2k DAS and 430/month with the incentives I have? This is actually one of the biggest dealers in my area and I don’t know if there is any risk of being blocked after submitting this offer.

Don’t overthink it. Make your offer. Payment, DAS and what conditional rebates you qualify for, if any. The worst they say is no. They’re not gonna blackball you for making an offer.

Just forget you ever saw that.

2 Likes

Being blocked? Unlikely.

Them saying no? Sure, but so what?

How recently?

Also, be sure if you give monthly/das to mention that you’re including max msds, what incentives you qualify for, and your tax rate.

Care to answer?

It looks like the deal I referenced (the one @quitz commented) shows an OL code, loyalty and a college grad rebate.

Share a calculator link of your offer in a new post, since we do not want to be hijacking OP’s post. What pre-incentive discount gets you to that payment? What lease incentives do you qualify for?

I got one of these last night. They said I had to be there in person because they could only give me numbers after submitting my info to the bank, which I could only do in person because of possible identity theft.

I told them to delete my info and that I’ll just deal with one of the 20 other dealers within 50 miles.

They always want to get you into the dealership to grind you down, get you more emotionally vested in the process, and to maximize the already stacked home field advantage.

A barren showroom and well placed empty lots of new inventory make for a nice added bonus these days. Extra points for getting a lot of people to visit in the middle of the weekend to create another level of competition, disorientation and urgency.

2 Likes

What is this risk of getting blocked? They are there to do business if a deal does not work for them they will say no. Submit a revised offer and see if that gets same response. I never send third offer.

1 Like

Thanks for all the input. I will follow the advice here when reaching out to dealers.

If your open to getting the car out of state check that. Maybe you live next to a state with more dealerships so prices could be better depending on the situation

:point_up_2::point_up_2: Good luck with your search, but if you want further input from the community answering these questions will go a long way.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.